Google Shopping Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Shopping Questions

I'm playing around with the new Google Shopping feature and I'm wondering if there is a way to edit the feed template? Any products submitted via this method list as available in the United States - it won't allow me to specify Canada (or, at least, I can't find where to change this).

I'd also like to be able to use the product cost instead of price. We have a lot of products with attributes where the base price is $0.00, which is making this all the more tedious.
    Dylan Buchfink
    The Mattress & Sleep Company
    http://www.tmasc.ca/

Apologies, I think I see where I have to go to make this work - the new Template Data Feed seems to have the capability I'm looking for!

If anyone else has run into this, I'm attempting to follow the steps here: https://docs.miva.com/how-to-guides/template-feed
    Dylan Buchfink

Comment

Yes the template feed will work to generate the Google Shopping Feed for you. However ,this is different than the Google Shopping integration (They both do the same thing, just in different ways)

The google shopping integration uses the Google Shopping API to directly push products to Google Merchant Center, There is no feed generated.

However, I don't think it currently supports Canadian dollars so you may need to go the feed route.
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

According to the Docs for 9.6, "Attributes / Inventory Variants If you have products which use inventory variants and they have attributes such as size, color, material or pattern you will need to go to each inventory variant and populate the Google Shopping Settings with the correct data." We DO NOT track inventory, nor do we use the Inventory Variants.

Which leads to my question: How can I get our color and size attributes uploaded to Google Shopping?
        Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
        (770) 441-9447
        The Martial Arts Store

Please Visit Our Site At:
        http://www.themartialartsstore.com

Comment

I think the simple answer is that you can't. We use inventory variants for products where we want to filter one attribute based upon the selection of another, but we too, do not use inventory tracking.

For simpler items, let's say, a pillow that comes in Standard, Queen and King - we just use a "size" attribute for the three available sizes. This item, as far as I understand, can only be added by using the price for the cheapest size (or, I guess, in theory, you could use any price as long as that price is on the page and easily identifiable).

So in our case, if that pillow shows up in google shopping, it'll have a price of, say, $109.99 for a standard, but the customer would then also be able to buy a queen for $129.99 or a king for $149.99.
          Dylan Buchfink

Comment

Brennan,

Two questions on this sir:

1) If the Google Shopping integration pushes the products up directly and I receive a success message in the logs why are the products not appearing in my Merchant Center List?

2) When I originally created some test products for the Google Shopping integration I accidentally left the Product Type field blank when I uploaded them to Google. After noticing this mistake I went in and fixed the empty field, updated the product, and resubmitted. I received a warning that the field was still blank. When I checked the field was still populated so, why did the changes not take affect?

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
            The google shopping integration uses the Google Shopping API to directly push products to Google Merchant Center, There is no feed generated.
            Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
            (770) 441-9447
            The Martial Arts Store

Comment

This setup is giving me issues also. Generating 2 products thus far to test, shows them being updated in google account, yet shows api issues which suggest missing values. I filled these in, yet it wont update, just says api error message. I wish there was a way to mass generate, with over 1K of products of which seem need to be manually done, wow allot of work. Anyways this api issue seems to be a huge road block at this point.

Side note... The first product generated had values.. Under offer details, showed price, descriptions, etc... Now those are empty fields and google reports api issue and something went wrong.
              Last edited by Datagg; 08-25-16, 07:06 AM.
              Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
              Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Comment

Seems API issue was a glitch with Google.... Seems to be working now. Man I wish there was a way to massive generate products and not 1 by 1. Anyways, Google apparently is having communication issues, i logged out of google and back in and that seemed to fix api errors thus far.
                Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
                Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Comment

You can bulk push up all your products once you have the proper settings configured. These settings can be imported via a CSV spreadsheet as custom product fields. So you could do all the data work in the spreadsheet, then bulk import all products to Google Shopping.
                  Brennan Heyde
                  VP Product
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]
                  https://www.miva.com

Comment

Brennan,

What about the update portion not working properly sir?
                    Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
                    (770) 441-9447
                    The Martial Arts Store

Comment

Originally posted by slabar View Post
                      Brennan,

What about the update portion not working properly sir?
                      How did you update the product type? To update a google product. Edit the product and go to the Marketplace - Google Shopping Product Settings tab. Update any fields and click Updated. Then on the Marketplace - Google Shopping Products tab click Upload/Update All Products. This will update the product on google with the new information. Note that googles merchant center can take up to 5 minutes for the changes to show.
                      [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Brennan,

1) If the Google Shopping integration pushes the products up directly and I receive a success message in the logs why are the products not appearing in my Merchant Center List?
                        If you are getting success messages that the google products are being uploaded to your merchant center account in miva. I am assuming you are viewing the logs on the Marketplace - Google Shopping Log Console tab. IF they are not showing up on your merchant center account (it can take up to 5 minutes for the merchant center to show your products) then open a support ticket and link this thread so we can take a closer look.

[I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

According to the Docs for 9.6, "Attributes / Inventory Variants If you have products which use inventory variants and they have attributes such as size, color, material or pattern you will need to go to each inventory variant and populate the Google Shopping Settings with the correct data." We DO NOT track inventory, nor do we use the Inventory Variants.

Which leads to my question: How can I get our color and size attributes uploaded to Google Shopping?
                          Yes, for products that have attributes and options it is required that they are inventory variants (even if you do not track inventory). The reason is that each variation needs to be its own (inactive) product so you can specify on google the color, size, material, pattern, etc.
                          [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

There doesn't appear to be a way to assign the "Variation Image Types:" via csv import. Am I missing it somewhere?

When importing the new Google fields via csv, even if import settings are set to Retain Existing When Imported is Empty, the existing data was not retained...
                            Ron Frigon
                            Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

I am having trouble following the how to instructions for creating the google feed, When I get to the step to "edit template" the next screen doesn't have anything on it. I don't get asked which template: none, Product, Category, Customer. I see that there is a page titled "Google_feed" which has the template code in it and now a page titled "Templatefeed_Google_Shopping" which is blank.
                              Can someone spot what I have forgotten and advise.
                              Thanks,
                              Chet Vincentz
                              Thanks,
                              Chet Vincentz
                              [email protected]

www.electrodyne.cc Quality Motoring Accessories
                              www.racdyn-usa.com BMW, MINI & Porsche performance
                              www.artisticartifacts.com Creative art materials

Comment

Working...
                              X