Occasional Orders Missing Customer Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Occasional Orders Missing Customer Information

Today we received an order with no information other than the customers City, State, and Zip. This is the third instance of this happening that I am aware of. The last two were paid by Visa and the one in the past I think was paid by Amazon Payments.

There’s really no way for us to track the customer down with the limited information we have, so we either cancel the order, or sometimes the customer notices and contacts us.

How would the order come through missing all of that information? Can we prevent this from continuing? It’s not common, but it has happened at least 3 times now..

I've attached a screenshot below.

Thanks,
    Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Are those only Amazon orders? I saw this happening only in case a customer used Amazon for checkout.
    Andreas Toman
    PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
    We built over 200 Miva Merchant stores!
    Miva shopping cart design & integration service and see our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
    web: www.pcinet.com
    LinkedIn: Andreas Toman
    phone: (786) 250-2056 (Miami, FL)

Comment

Andreas,

No, neither of the 2 transactions are identified as Marketplaces orders.

Two of them were paid via Visa, the third (which I have to track down) was paid for via Amazon Payments I believe.
      Psydde Delicious
      Philadelphia, PA
      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

In this case I would get Miva support involved!
        I assume you are using a standard checkout and you didn't change the customer fields to be optional
        Andreas Toman
        PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
        We built over 200 Miva Merchant stores!
        Miva shopping cart design & integration service and see our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
        web: www.pcinet.com
        LinkedIn: Andreas Toman
        phone: (786) 250-2056 (Miami, FL)

Comment

Originally posted by delcorsets View Post
          Today we received an order with no information other than the customers City, State, and Zip. This is the third instance of this happening that I am aware of. The last two were paid by Visa and the one in the past I think was paid by Amazon Payments.

There’s really no way for us to track the customer down with the limited information we have, so we either cancel the order, or sometimes the customer notices and contacts us.

How would the order come through missing all of that information? Can we prevent this from continuing? It’s not common, but it has happened at least 3 times now..

I've attached a screenshot below.

Thanks,
          We have a bug filed with development on this. Please open a ticket with Miva Support ([email protected]) if you haven't already. Please make sure to include a link to this forum post when opening a ticket or replying to an existing ticket with us.

Bug id 22739

Wayne

Wayne Smith

Comment

HI Delcorsets and Andreas

We currently have a bug about this issue when using amazon payments advance (not amazon marketplace). The issue happens when you get some sort of payment or shipping error when using the amazon payments checkout to complete an order.

Orders that are completed without a checkout error do not have this issue.

Hope this helps.
            -Eric
            Eric Foresman
            Software Tester
            Miva Merchant
            http://www.mivamerchant.com/
            [email protected]

Comment

Wayne, Eric,

Thanks for the information.

I did already submit a ticket to Miva Support, but I'm going to send a follow up email referencing Bug id 22739.

As far as I can tell, only one of the orders in question used Amazon Payments - the other 2 used Visa as the payment method.

Psydde

Psydde Delicious
              Philadelphia, PA
              www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Working...
              X