Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MM 9.6, using Shipping by Weight and State Zone to allow for free shipping

So to set up the zones the formatting is 0|4.99|5^5|9.99|9^10|14.99|12

Where weight 0 to 4.99 gets a $5 shipping charge, etc. As I read it. Maybe that's wrong.

But anyway so we have some products that have 0.00 weight assigned, and these get free shipping. Used to be, we'd use the built in USPS mod to charge for a positive weighted item. And we enabled the Miva Weight Table shipping mod, so that any item with a ceiling weight of 0.00 got 0.00 shipping charge. This worked well since the USPS rate server would not return a shipping rate when the basket weight = 0.0. Thus the only valid method was the weight table method which returned 0.00 and labeled it as "Shipping Included". Positive weighted items had to use the USPS rate method since the 0.00 weight ceiling was exceeded.

So now I want to move to the Weilland (sad to realize he has passed away!) -- Weight and State Zone mod. I want to have it do something like this but can't seem to grok the formatting of the "rate string" in the config. And maybe this is not even possible with this mod.

So assuming free shipping items still have 0 weight and others have positive real weights.

0 weight gets 0.00 shipping
    1-5 LBs gets 5.00
    5-10 LBs gets 8.00
    ... something like that using COUNTRYWIDE as the zone to start so that there is one rate set to start for testing out.

Can anyone see how to format that string to do something like this? I keep getting "Unable to calc shipping errorrs" when checking out with everything I have tried.

Thanks.
    Sean Harrell
    Southland Trade Corp.

Figured it out. 0|100|5.00^5.00|150|0.00

So this is a simple example. Instead of setting the free ship items to 0.00 weight I took another approach and gave them a very high weight.

So a basket weight of 0-100 LBs gets a $5 charge in this case. And anything over 100 LBs gets 0.00 shipping.

Then just go into the items that get free shipping and set their weights to say 101 LBs for example.

Then remove the weight displays from the PROD and CTGY screens etc.

Works well.
    Sean Harrell
    Southland Trade Corp.

Comment

OK well I had that sort of wrong.

The carat is a separator in this case and I was having issues reading the format.

So the proper way to do this is for example:

0|100|5.00^100.01|150|0.00

So 0 - 100LB gets a $5 charge and 100.01 - 150LB gets free shipping.
      Sean Harrell
      Southland Trade Corp.

Comment

Working...
      X