Product Display Image quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Display Image quality

Is there a way to improve the Main Product Display Image quality. The Resize to fit within bounding box seams to be over compressed and fuzzy. Any way of making it better/clear?
    Stephen Scheer
    Digital Visuals

did you try already MagicZoom? Google it and look into it, I think it works much better and costs only $49 (approx) per site.
    Andreas Toman
    PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
    We built over 200 Miva Merchant stores!
    Miva shopping cart design & integration service and see our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
    web: www.pcinet.com
    LinkedIn: Andreas Toman
    phone: (786) 250-2056 (Miami, FL)

Comment

Make sure your image compression settings are set to 100% if you want to best quality. I believe they are 80% by default. That can be changed under Domain Settings, Upload Settings.
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Another very important note on images: If you are setting pixel height and width sizes of the images, whether in the product display layout or in your css file, give your images some love. You can't resize a rectangular image automatically with those settings to make them square. Likewise, you can't make a square image automatically look good at a rectangular settings. It is best to resize/crop/whatever in a photo editing application; otherwise, your images will never look good.

Nor, can you take a 50px by 50px image and expect it to look great at 900px x 900px. It's better to go find some new images.

I can't stress how important your images are for your ecommerce store. Your customers need to see what they are buying. If your images are not up to par, customers are not as likely to buy from you. Would you buy something that looks bad in the photo, or perhaps, has no photo at all? For most items, no.

It is worth giving images the attention they deserve.

Sorry for the rant, just a sticky subject of mine. Stepping off my pedestal now.

By the way...sorry to post approximately two weeks after this thread appeared. Since the move from the old forum to this vBulletin one, I have as yet not received any emails from the Miva forum. At this point, I probably never will, so I have to face that fact that I'll always be late to the party.

Jamie
        Last edited by jsdva; 09-16-16, 06:30 AM.
        Jamie Donaldson
        JSDVS Web Design / Development
        Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Comment

Sorry for the rant, just a sticky subject of mine. Stepping off my pedestal now.
          Extremely valid rant, spot on. We are still amazed after all these years at how many ecommerce owners/managers don't put value in quality images, yet their primary objective/goal is to increase conversions and revenues. There is no doubt that many manufacturers and suppliers are horrible at providing their retailers with quality images, B2Bs take note. But if you want to be a serious ecommerce contender in todays world, time to buck up and do the work. (this applies to so many other aspects of ecommerce as well, not just images)

Comment

Working...
          X