Endicia shipping label printer solutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Endicia shipping label printer solutions

Currently print production store MM4.24c (ShipWorks & Endicia) USPS shipping labels on a laser printer without a problem.

Once new M9.6 store is launched will try and see if a need for ShipsWorks still exists. If ShipWorks no longer needed, it is my understanding that we will need a thermal label printer solution. Any suggestions?

According to "MIVA User Reference Guide" (06/30/2016 Miva Merchant Version 9.0005.3) page 479:

PR8 Update 8 added the ability to print adhesive backed labels using a Zebra
    or Zebra compatible printer. A Zebra compatible printer can be used with
    Endicia, FedEx, UPS, and Canada Post, but currently not with the USPS
    module.
    But because it states "PR8 Update 8 added...", I perceive this particular section of guide may not be up-to-date. Maybe I can use other printers, if not which one?
    Last edited by William Davis; 09-05-16, 12:54 PM.
    Thank you, Bill Davis

I have a customer running Miva 9 who prints Endicia labels on an inkjet printer, so your laser printer should work just fine. FWIW, they do everything in Miva now that they used to do in Shipworks, but complain fairly regularly that the workflow is a bit awkward and the interface isn't as easy to work with. The cost savings have made it worth it for them though.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanne View Post
      I have a customer running Miva 9 who prints Endicia labels on an inkjet printer, so your laser printer should work just fine. FWIW, they do everything in Miva now that they used to do in Shipworks, but complain fairly regularly that the workflow is a bit awkward and the interface isn't as easy to work with. The cost savings have made it worth it for them though.
      What labels are they using, and if more than one label per page can they select which position to start printing on? Can they also batch print?

As to awkwardness, etc... compared to ShipWorks, that was my initial impression also during testing, but we have not launched yet. Though it would not surprise me, ShipWork is strictly a fulfillment solution company and MIVA is strictly an ecommerce solution company. Each solution engineered to accommodate each others strengths, both evolving over time becoming mayor players in their industry. I have no doubt MIVA's fulfillment solution will continue to evolve as the rest of their platform has.

Please don't forget to get back to me. Thanks again.
      Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Working...
      X