Adding Search Autocomplete (From Levels Theme) To Bootstrap Theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Search Autocomplete (From Levels Theme) To Bootstrap Theme

Has anyone had any luck adding the autocomplete search feature from the levels and divino themes to the bootstrap theme? I'm trying to get all the moving parts in place, and still just can't get it to fire.

THE ISSUE NOW, the autocomplete search form uses GET instead of POST. So I think where I'm stuck is figuring out how they are getting it to pull the results on the fly using GET. There has to be some script somewhere telling it do that, and I just can't get it to fire.

I've been harassing Brennan for a week on and off as I attempt to get it working and decided to post here.
    Ted Hust
    AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
    Miva Merchant Design

So as I've toyed with this and tested and further tested, I still can't get it to work. The search is not "GETTING" the results and serving them. There has to be something I'm missing, either a bad URL or some sort of missing script that connects this final dot.

The thing I noticed in other posts, early on, people couldn't get the search to work and would have to change GET to POST for the method. The same thing is happening here. Within a "levels" theme, the search box works with GET as the method, but elsewhere it does not. So there has to be a piece of code that I'm missing that interacts with that GET method?

I'm rambling now. My brain hurts.

Should anyone be able to help me get this firing, I'll draw up a "how-to" PDF and will share it here so others don't have the same issue as they try and get this killer feature worked into their sites.
    Ted Hust
    AarcMediaGroup.com

Miva Merchant Design

Comment

We offer this as a service to implement on any Miva site and added also a updated version which searches more fields and displays pictures in the drop down. It even has a dictionary for often misspelled words so customers get results even if misspelling. Contact me off board if interested.

forgot to add a sample link: www.mapsofthepast.com
      Last edited by PCINET - Andreas; 09-09-16, 08:02 AM.
      Andreas Toman
      PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
      We built over 200 Miva Merchant stores!
      Miva shopping cart design & integration service and see our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
      web: www.pcinet.com
      LinkedIn: Andreas Toman
      phone: (786) 250-2056 (Miami, FL)

Comment

Can you post a link to the site you are working on? To get a baseline on what you have done so far, have you included the 'api' page from Levels into your site as well as the JavaScript from the scripts.js file?
        Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
        Alchemy Web Development
        https://www.alchemywebdev.com
        Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

Miva Certified Developer
        Miva Professional Developer

https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

Comment

We got it working. We actually had it right at one point but a separate script was conflicting causing issue.
          Ted Hust
          AarcMediaGroup.com

Miva Merchant Design

Comment

Working...
          X