Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I clean up my s01_Baskets table

Hello forum:
    I have 176990 rows in our Baskets table. 176776 of them have no name information. Why aren't these unused rows being deleted?
    How can I remove them?
    Thanks, Larry
    Larry
    Luce Kanun Web Design
    www.facebook.com/wajake41
    www.plus.google.com/116415026668025242914/posts?hl=en

The deletion of expired baskets has, until the most recent release, always been a manual task because different people have different on when their store's baskets should be purged. A basket should ideally rarely have customer information showing, because the only time it's there is if a customer has begun checkout and not yet completed checkout, so if you were to see it frequently, it would suggest people are abandoning your site during checkout, which can indicate problems with shipping or payment gateways, or dissatisfaction with shipping rates. Lots of no-name baskets simply mean bots are likely crawling the site. Searching for delete expired baskets will bring up the relevant menu to remove them manually.

With 9.6, the new scheduled tasks feature allows for basket deletion to be set to occur automatically at user-defined intervals.
    David Hubbard
    CIO
    Miva
    [email protected]
    http://www.miva.com

Comment

David,

With any auto Scheduled task Such as.
      Module Cleanup 1 Days
      Delete Expired Baskets 1 Day(s)
      Pack Data Files 1 Day(s)
      Google Sitemap 2 Day(s)
      Paypal Token 20 Day(s)

is there a better number (days) individually to run them for resource usage, or wouldn't that matter. I'm thinking maintenance mode isn't necessary for these while running right?
      Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
      Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Comment

Basket deletion can temporarily halt shopping because the basket tables do receive a database table lock by the database server itself when a delete or update query runs. If you're running the deletion frequently though, and have a reasonable basket expiration time, then there should be no harm in running it daily or even several times per day. If you're running a very long basket expiry though, you may find that one delete expired baskets run per day does not actually keep ahead of expired basket deletion. This is due to the fact that our developers put some code into the scheduled task deletion method where it tries to have very little impact on traffic and deletes in smaller blocks of baskets than doing the entire table, so the larger the table, the more likely it is to require several runs to clear all expired baskets, and on busy stores, or stores with long expiry times, the baskets may accumulate faster than its removing them if only running once per day.

I'd recommend basket deletion several times per day, and no maint mode.
        David Hubbard
        CIO
        Miva
        [email protected]
        http://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
        X