Fraud question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fraud question

I have an order that I'm 99% sure if fraud. The 3rd party fraud module did not flag it. It did end up in the Miva Authorization Failure list. The IP originates in Indonesia though the shipping /billing in is North Carolina, but I see the order as pending in the Orders section. I don't normally muck around with this section so not sure if I missed setting some Payment setting somewhere but I thought with an authorization failure this would be blocked, or somehow tagged so we don't process this.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...7/fraud123.jpg

Last edited by habreu; 09-14-16, 10:03 AM.

habreu,

The authorization failure tab is a log of all transactions that failed. A number of reasons can cause a transaction to fail (mistyped cc number, not enough funds, fake card, AVS). If the log shows a repeat offender, you can add that IP to a Blacklist from the Authorize Failure tab. Select the failed transaction and click the button for Blacklist. Once that IP has been added to the blacklist; that IP will be block from performing credit card authorizations.

You can also enable failed transactions to be automatically blacklisted via the payment settings section. Click Menu >>> Payment >>> Settings tab and you will see the section for Authorization Blacklist under the Fraud section. If set to automatic, when it reaches the threshold number of failures in the specified time period it will automatically block that IP for the duration you set.

If you have any questions about enabling this feature, please do not hesitate to contact Miva Support.

Thank you,

Wayne
    Wayne Smith

Comment

Thank you. I watched the videos and enabled all the relevant security features.What concerned me is that even though it was in the Authorization Failure tab said 'unable to process the order' the order (as seen in the picture in my first post) indicates it was actually processed. In any case I enabled the auto blacklist.

Comment

I'm using the Authorize.Net fraud suite and and have it set to stop processing if the buyer's originating IP is in a different country than the delivery location. So far it's been pretty solid. I also made the criteria tougher regarding the CVV2 and expiration dates.
        Keith Oratz
        PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
        www.preparesmart.com

Comment

Working...
        X