Power Search and Price Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Search and Price Groups

I'm using Power Search on my sites and have been able to get Volume Pricing groups to display in search just fine. But I can't seem to get Specific Sale Price groups to display. It returns the Product Price only. Does the Specific Sale Price group require the CSSUI Product List item to be assigned to the page?

The SRCH page doesn't use the search_results CSSUI Product List item when using Power Search, so we don't have the Calculate Predicted Discounts and Sale Price checkbox. Does the latest version of power search support this? Is there a work around?
    Ron Frigon
    Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Specific Sale Price is not natively available in powersearch. You will need to load it yourself.

http://docs.miva.com/code-samples/di...discount-price
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thank you Brennan,

For anyone else trying to get the Specific Sale Price, price group, to display when using Power Search; go to Utilities > Power Search > Product Layout field

Find:

Code:
      <mvt:foreach iterator="product" array="search_results:products">
      Add this right below it, inside the foreach loop:

Code:
      <mvt:assign name="g.product_count" value="miva_array_elements( l.settings:search_results:products )" />
      <mvt:do name="l.success" file="g.module_feature_tui_ut" value="CommonComponentFields_Initialize_Product_Discounts_Runtime( l.settings:search_results:products, g.product_count )" />
      No other changes are needed.
      Ron Frigon
      Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

After incorporating this I began seeing problems in some of our search results with discounted prices being displayed incorrectly.

In case anyone is referencing this post about Power Search and price groups, here is a follow-up:
        It is advised to put the discount initialization tag within the search result product foreach loop when in reality it should be placed outside of the loop, before it.

That tag triggers some relatively resource intensive work. It should only be fired once per product list. Because it was firing once per product in the result set, it was seriously slowing down the search results page and also messing up the discount calculations.

Thanks 216justin for catching this!
        Psydde Delicious
        Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
        Philadelphia, PA
        www.DeliciousBoutique.com
        www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Working...
        X