Variant Dependency with multiple attributes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variant Dependency with multiple attributes

I'm trying to solve a strange scenario we have and thought I'd check if there were any options to solve this. We have 2 attributes for color and size setup as inventory variants. The color attribute is first and is a drop-down select with swatches and the size is just a select. We are not using any "select one" in the drop-downs. The problem is that when the page first loads, not all of the color swatches appear. I've figured out that it's loading the first color, and then loading all available sizes for just that color, but the second color is out of stock in the first default selected size, so it never loads that color in the drop-down or swatch. Only until you switch one of the drop-downs does the other swatch suddenly appear.

I've tried changing the initial attribute state from "Preload" to "do not preload" and this has no affect on the problem. I'm guessing I could solve this by adding "select one" to the drop-downs, but that's not ideal because it would then load the parent set of images, which are not always the most popular or preferred attribute set.

Aside from that is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to get all color swatches to load right from the start? I thought that the dependency resolution "first selected attribute shows all options" would cover that, but it doesn't change anything... unless we have something else broken.

Hope that all makes sense.

Thanks for any thoughts.
    Joe McDonald
    patrickwebby.com

Try changing your inventory settings (globally or just for that product +variants) to not hide out of stock products. This should make it so all options appear no matter if they are in stock or out of stock.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Ok. Thanks for the info. I think we still want to hide out of stock products. One of our pending design club projects was actually graying out the out-of-stock attributes (or adding "Out of Stock" text like the Viking Coders module previously did), so maybe that would also solve this? We may also just switch back to using "Select One" as the first option.
      Joe McDonald
      patrickwebby.com

Comment

Working...
      X