Add to Cart buttons not working in Firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add to Cart buttons not working in Firefox

We have had a couple instances of customers using Firefox who could not add any products to their basket as the Add to Cart buttons don't work. They can click on the buttons but nothing happens. Both these instances were on PCs running Firefox - probably not the latest versions. Not a cache problem as checked into that. I have tested on the latest Mac Firefox version and there are no problems there. Also works fine on Chrome and Safari. Here is the code for the form submit button.

Code:
    <button class="btn btn-primary" type="submit">Add to Cart</button>
    Any idea why this isn't working in older PC Firefox versions?

Its hard to tell exactly without seeing the page, but typically when I see this it is either:

1. The add to cart button is outside the </form> tag
    2. There is some other JavaScript error on the page preventing the form from submitting
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

I had a customer tell me that same thing a couple of weeks ago. He was able to complete his order on Chrome. I then saw it happen on a computer here. I was able to open the same page in a new tab, and it functioned correctly.

At this point, I think it's more of a random Firefox problem than a site problem. I use Firefox every day on our site, and it's never happened on my computer.

Comment

Brennan, the cart button is definitely inside the form tag. This problem occurred on both the PROD pages and the CTGY pages. The one thing that both occurrences had in common was that the users did not save any history/cache within Firefox for privacy reasons. Could that be part of the issue?

Comment

You might also want to make sure you have no JS errors on the page. Since the Add to basket uses a JS call, any previous JS error can kill subsequent calls...and the impact can be browser specific.
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

I think I found the answer. I already removed the JS from the add to cart button, but I was just having trouble with category page links not working in Firefox on a specific computer. This computer has Firefox's Tracking Protection enabled, and the attribute, data-mm-linktype="product-list-link", was keeping the links from working. I turned off Tracking Protection, and the links worked. That code has now been removed from my links as well.

Comment

Working...
            X