prodctgy_meta not working on alternate category pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prodctgy_meta not working on alternate category pages

Site is CSSUI, running a modified version of Iron and Wool ReadyTheme. The tag <mvt:item name="prodctgy_meta" param="combined" /> is in the head section of the site, and the prodctgy_meta item is assigned to all category templates. It is working to pull the meta description on all product pages, and on the generic CTGY page, but not on any alternate category templates. I have verified that these categories have descriptions assigned. Any ideas what might be wrong?

P.S. Adding the following suggested code did nothing.

Code:
    <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="categorymeta|CODE|l.all_settings:category:code" />
    <meta name="keywords" content="&mvte:meta:keywords;" />
    <meta name="description" content="&mvte:meta:description;" />

Comment

I have run a test in the demonstration store and the keywords and description displayed as expected. Do you have any third-party module installed in your store which may be controlling the SEO settings for your category pages?
      Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
      Alchemy Web Development
      https://www.alchemywebdev.com
      Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

Miva Certified Developer
      Miva Professional Developer

https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

Comment

No, there are no modules that should be competing. I suspect the problem is related to a CSSUI conversion that the site underwent earlier this year. There were a lot of problems with the conversion process, and a lot of the page templates got messed up. It turns out that in this case it's only two of the templates that are not working correctly, and when I try to use Tokenlist to see what variables are available, the options for entering category codes aren't there. I'm going to try to recreate the pages and see if that helps.

Comment

So, when I went to recreate the pages, I discovered that the category (Standard Category Fields) item was not assigned to the pages. After assigning it, the prodctgy_meta item is now working as expected.

Comment

Working...
          X