Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Viking UPS shipping be included in the Miva mini basket display?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the Viking UPS shipping be included in the Miva mini basket display?

Working thru the mini basket setup. How is shipping integrated into it? I see a variable "ShowShip" where does that come from?
    We have negotiated rates with UPS. How can I get shipping using our rate?
    Can we get our UPS shipping rate via Viking UPS?
    Does the mini basket use the MINI template?
    Lots of confusion and questions. Is there some documentation on the mini basket.

Thanks, Larry
    Larry
    Luce Kanun Web Design
    www.facebook.com/wajake41
    www.plus.google.com/116415026668025242914/posts?hl=en

The mini basket and the shipping estimator are two different modules in Miva. The mini basket is a global item that gets assigned to every page (global_minibasket) Once assigned to all pages you can edit the template under User Interface -> Settings -> Mini-Basket. The location of where the mini basket displays is controlled by this item tag: <mvt:item name="global_minibasket" /> which typically is located in the global header

The Shipping Estimate is a separate module. Both are installed under Utilities. To use this assign the "shipestimate" item to the page you want the shipping estimate to appear. You also need this item tag: <mvt:item name="shipestimate" />

Once assigned to the page a new tab will show up allowing you customize the settings.

The shipping estimate uses the exact same shipping methods the customer would see during checkout. If you have negotiated rates or use the Viking Coders module, those settings will automatically apply to the rates displayed in the shipping estimator.

Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks Brennan. This helps.
      After reviewing the Miva mini basket, I think we would prefer to maintain our Emporium Plus mini basket but obtain the shipping rates from the Shipping Estimate module. Are there examples of how the rates are return/read from Shipping Estimate. A foreach loop I imagine?
      Larry
      Last edited by wajake41; 10-03-16, 04:48 PM.
      Larry
      Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

Hi Brennan:
        Adding the<mvt:item name="shipestimate" to our mini basket is giving us a UPS rate if the ship to state has been previously entered in OCST but the estimate is failing if the ship to state hasn't yet been entered.
        To be able to use negotiated rates via Viking, the ship to state in addition to the ship to zip code must be in the Viking UPS transaction. Is there a way to input the ship to state to Shipping Estimate?
        Our Mini basket allows the entry of zip code, I believe we will have to have a field where ship to state can be entered too, What would the name for the ship to state <input type="text" name="????"
        be?

Larry
        Larry
        Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

Hi Brennan:
          I think I've answered my own prior questions however I'd like to hide other state/province on the shipestimate input dialog. Is there a way to do that.
          Larry
          Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

Was able to hide other state/province..

Now I would like to exec a javascript function when the shipestimate is submitted. I've added an onsubmit to the <form but it's javascript function cannot be found it appears.
            I've tried putting the JS function in the global head tag, added it to the bottom of the shipestimate template,Cheers, and added it to the SERT page.
            Placement in these templates does not work for me.
            Since the shipestimate happens in an iframe, is that my problem?
            Cheers, Larry .
            Larry
            Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

Solved: custom order fields not available until order is completed.
              PS Gave up on the JS attempt.
              Last edited by wajake41; 10-04-16, 09:02 PM.
              Larry
              Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

Hello Brennan:
                I have the shipestimate installed in my mini basket page.
                Is the SERT <mvt:foreach iterator="method" array="shipestimate_rates:shippingmethods"> available now in all of our site's other pages?
                Larry
                Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

Reverted back to the Emporium Plus mini basket. Found it suits our purpose better. Didn't like the popup shipping calc dialog approach. In our use, the Emporium Plus shipping cost is updated automatically as items are added to the basket. Very nice!
                  Last edited by wajake41; 10-16-16, 06:53 AM.
                  Larry
                  Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

Working...
                  X