API search help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

API search help

We are trying to suppress products from displaying in the auto complete in the main search field in the global header. These products all have one thing in common. They have a sales reps name in a custom field called SalesRep. This code is located on the api page in the main template. Here is the code that I am attempting and it does not work:

<mvt:foreach iterator="product" array="ac:products">
    <mvt:if expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:product:customfield_values:customfields :SalesRep">
    <mvt:foreachcontinue/>
    </mvt:if>
    <li><a href="&mvt:product:link;"><b>&mvt:product:code;</b> - &mvt:product:name;</a></li>
    </mvt:foreach>

As a work around, since the client does not use the cost field, I populated the cost fields for these products with .01 and this does work:

<mvt:if expr=" '.01' CIN l.settings:product:cost ">
    <li><a href="&mvt:product:link;"><b>&mvt:product:code;</b> - &mvt:product:name;</a></li>

It seems to work fine with regular product fields but I need the code that will query custom fields please.

Is the custom product field assigned to the page?

Comment

Make sure you understand that this is on the API page that generates the auto complete function for the search engine in the Global header of a Levels Readytheme. Yes I have the item custom fields assigned to the page. This page does not have a product display template so there is not a way to assign the custom field itself to a product list or product display field. I did assign the search product list item to the page and assigned that custom field to it and that did not work. I think the problem is either in my coding or it just will not work with custom fields.

K

Comment

You can read and write specific custom fields using the functions described here: http://docs.miva.com/template-langua...-documentation. They're pretty versatile; you should be able to get what you need with one of them.
        Kent Multer
        Magic Metal Productions
        http://TheMagicM.com
        * Web developer/designer
        * E-commerce and Miva
        * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
        http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

So whats wrong with this?

<mvt:if expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:product:customfield_values:customfields :SalesRep">

Comment

The code you have should work assuming you have the SalesRep field assigned to the page. The way you're referencing the custom field is the "old" way to call in custom fields and requires the field be assigned to the page.

Here would be some code that should work using the "new" custom field functions. These don't require the custom field to first be assigned to the page to use.

Code:

<mvt:assign name="l.sales_rep" value="''" />
            <mvt:item name="customfields" param="load_product_code(l.settings:product:code, 'SalesRep', l.sales_rep)" />

<mvt:if expr="ISNULL l.sales_rep">
                    <li><a href="&mvt:product:link;">&mvt:product:name;</a></li>

Brennan Heyde
            VP Product
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

In the above example, the command name "load_product_code" should actually be "Read_Product_Code" (unless there's an undocumented feature that I didn't know about).
              Kent Multer
              Magic Metal Productions
              http://TheMagicM.com
              * Web developer/designer
              * E-commerce and Miva
              * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
              http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

I did try this as is and then tried a couple variations and it did not work. I am doing this on jantecneon.com and all products that start with code q- have something in the custom field with the code SalesRep. I do not have the code that you sent installed right now. I have the code using the cost field and it works but the client needs that field. I appreciate your feedback.

K

Comment

I just tried both Brennan and Kent's version and neither works.

K

Comment

Try this:
                    Code:
                    <mvt:assign name="l.settings:sales_rep" value="''" />
                        <mvt:item name="customfields" param="Read_Product_Code(l.settings:product:code, 'SalesRep', l.settings:sales_rep)" />
                        <mvt:if expr="ISNULL l.settings:sales_rep">
                            <li><a href="&mvt:product:link;">&mvt:product:name;</a></li>

Comment

That works! Nice job Dan and thanx to all that pitched in. I did send you a client named Bruce to move some reviews and he bought your mod. I've sent several clients in the last few years.

Thanks Again.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                      X