Readytheme Product Listing overriding PROD page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Readytheme Product Listing overriding PROD page

I created a readytheme product listing to display one product in a Product Spotlight section. Once I created the readytheme product listing I put the tag code on my SFNT page under the category tree. So far so good. But then I tried to add these readytheme content to my PROD page in the same location and it ended up overwriting/overriding my PROD page product display details with the one product that I had setup for the product spotlight. So no matter which product page that I was on, only the details of this one product displayed and overwrote the actual product details. Is this a bug or can I not use readytheme product listings on a PROD page?

Tag: <mvt:item name="readytheme" param="productlisting( 'product-spotlight' )" />

The problem is that the readytheme widget is getting the product information using the same structure, i.e., l.settings:product:. Haven't played much with the readytheme product listings but you can try changing

<mvt:foreach iterator="product" array="readytheme:products">

to

<mvt:foreach iterator="featured" array="readytheme:products">

and then wherever in that template you have

l.settings:product:

change it to

l.settings:featured
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Yes, that was it. In addition to changing the l.settings:product to l.settings:featured, I also had to change all the &mvt's to replace "product" with "featured" too, but it worked like a charm! Thanks!!

Shannon

Comment

Originally posted by srmb View Post
        Yes, that was it. In addition to changing the l.settings:product to l.settings:featured, I also had to change all the &mvt's to replace "product" with "featured" too, but it worked like a charm! Thanks!!

Shannon
        yea, sorry bout that. always assume there might be something missing if my post is time stamped before Noon :)
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks again Bruce!

Comment

Working...
          X