No announcement yet.

Show coupons as separate basket charges line, leaving all other prices the same

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show coupons as separate basket charges line, leaving all other prices the same

I'm trying to use the built-in coupon system, which technically works fine but I want to change how it displays the discount. Instead of all prices being changed as the customer browses the site, I want all prices to remain the same, and only show a discount line at the bottom of their cart that shows the total discount. Is there a way to do that?

Looking for work as of March 2024! I've been a web developer for going on 20 years, with most of that time spent on Miva sites.

are you using the baseprice token on your templates too? This should be always the price before discount.
    Andreas Toman
    PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
    We built over 200 Miva Merchant stores!
    Miva shopping cart design & integration service and see our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
    web: www.pcinet.com
    LinkedIn: Andreas Toman
    phone: (786) 250-2056 (Miami, FL)

Comment

No, I can't use that because we use Miva's built-in volume pricing (which is also a price group), so the base price isn't accurate.
      Looking for work as of March 2024! I've been a web developer for going on 20 years, with most of that time spent on Miva sites.

Comment

You would have to use a basket discount tied to the coupon. If you have a product specific discount, it will always modify the product price and show the discount at the product level. Basket discounts always apply to all products and will be displayed in the basket charges (along with shipping, tax and other charges)
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Perfect, exactly what I was trying to do, thanks Brennan. I didn't notice that when I created the first price group.

Comment

Working...
          X