Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The merchant does not accept this type of credit card.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The merchant does not accept this type of credit card.

We recently set up a brand new account with Authorize.net to be our gateway and merchant account. Within Miva I selected MC, Visa, AMEX, (and Require CVV2 in Administrative Interface) but anyone that orders with an AMEX card gets rejected. It says:

"Unable to authorize payment: The merchant does not accept this type of credit card."

Is this a Miva thing or a Authorize.net thing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sounds like a problem with your merchant account.
    Bill Dunn
    SunCam, Inc.
    http://www.SunCam.com
    [email protected]

Comment

That's a setting on the authorize.net side where they either don't think you're set up for amex, or the information they have from the amex merchant account is not correct, which prevents them from successfully sending the transaction over.
      David Hubbard
      CIO
      Miva
      [email protected]
      http://www.miva.com

Comment

I'm chatting with someone from Authorize.net and they said it wasn't enabled. Duh. Thanks for the responses everyone!

Comment

So they enabled it on their end but it's still not working. I ran a AMEX card through checkout and get this error now:

"Unable to authorize payment: An error occurred during processing.  Please try again."

I'm going to contact Authorize.net and see if they can help.... and after talking to them they said the error on their end points to the Merchant Service Provider. So now I need to call Cybersource and have them enable AMEX on their end.
          Last edited by jfazar; 02-09-17, 02:04 PM.

Comment

In case anyone else has this problem this is what we had to do:

AMEX cards need their own merchant accounts so I had to call AMEX at 800-528-5200, answer serval questions to prove who I was and then they gave me the merchant act #. Then I called Authorize.net (to the department that works with Cybersource) and gave them the info. Today it's working and seems to be great.

Comment

Working...
            X