Import related products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import related products?

Is there a built-in way of importing related products data? I peeked at the CSV import and was surprised that related products wasn't an option (as far as I can see).
    Doug
    Using Miva Merchant since 2004
    StoreSMART.com

There isn't. We've recently done quite a bit of work getting at people's related items data and morphing it into an importable spreadsheet. I know in Miva there is a module that does allow you to export and import them though. If that module doesn't do what you need, PM me and we can discuss beyond that......

http://apps.miva.com/related-product...lat-files.html

I believe you may be able to accomplish it via XML as well out-of-box without need for a module, but this module works well and Miva owns it now.
    Ted Hust
    AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
    Miva Merchant Design

Comment

XML works perfectly, is built-in but not as easy to put together as an CSV file using Bill's (RIP) module.
      Andreas Toman
      PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
      We built over 200 Miva Merchant stores!
      Miva shopping cart design & integration service and see our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
      web: www.pcinet.com
      LinkedIn: Andreas Toman
      phone: (786) 250-2056 (Miami, FL)

Comment

I'm not ready to dive into XML yet ha ha.

Everything I saw about Bill's module was from years ago, so I wasn't sure if Miva had updated with their own feature since then. If Bill's module is still the go-to, then I will definitely go that route. I know I'm getting a good product when I see "WCW."

Thanks!
        Doug
        Using Miva Merchant since 2004
        StoreSMART.com

Comment

And Miva owns all WCW modules now. So maybe shoot [email protected] an email quick to confirm, but yes, I believe that module is still the go to for most. I believe where module's are irrelevant now due to a Miva update it's often listed on that module's page. I don't see anything like that for this one, and there aren't more reviews because who needs to review Bill's modules? We all know them and we all know they work.
          Ted Hust
          AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
          Miva Merchant Design

Comment

Working...
          X