M9 Marketplaces - Google Shopping API Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M9 Marketplaces - Google Shopping API Problems

At this time M9 "Marketplaces - Google Shopping" (GS) is creating more problems for us than its worth for a number of reasons (e.g.: type of business and M9 GS API limitations).

Consequently, we've been using M9 "Marketing - Feeds" in conjunction with daily "Scheduled Tasks" which gives us greater flexibility, and no problems.

The problem is Google Merchant (GM) now has two different sets of data from us (API and feed), how do we go about deleting the API data from GM without deleting the date feed portion?

Spoke with MIVA Technical Support and they referred me to GM Technical Support, Spoke with GM Technical Support and they referred my to API developer which in this case is MIVA. Tried deleting account GM account withing M9 GS, but the API data still showing up in GM.
    Thank you, Bill Davis

Hello,

Since you have deleted the account it removed all the GS products you created through miva as well. Unfortunately now that those GS products are no longer on the Google Shopping Products tab you cannot batch delete them through miva. Google provides this document https://support.google.com/merchants...r/188490?hl=en for removing products in your account.

I was wondering more about the problems you are having using the Marketplaces - Google Shopping. What is the type of business that Marketplaces is missing? I do not see it in the product data specification. What API limitations are you experiencing?

Let me know if I can help in other ways.
    [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Originally posted by khansen View Post
      Hello,

Since you have deleted the account it removed all the GS products you created through miva as well. Unfortunately now that those GS products are no longer on the Google Shopping Products tab you cannot batch delete them through miva. Google provides this document https://support.google.com/merchants...r/188490?hl=en for removing products in your account.

I was wondering more about the problems you are having using the Marketplaces - Google Shopping. What is the type of business that Marketplaces is missing? I do not see it in the product data specification. What API limitations are you experiencing?

Let me know if I can help in other ways.
      Thanks, I think we'll just wait for API product data to expire. The page you referred me to did not clearly state whether the "Remove products from List page" are for products submitted via API vs data feed. I just hope our account is not suspended before hand.

As to why "type of business" (collectibles), what I meant to say is MIVA GS API limitation based on "how we operate".

MIVA GS API is a great start, but its very rigid. With frequently scheduled product data feeds one has more flexibility, at least from my perspective.
      Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Working...
      X