Removing Authorization Failures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Authorization Failures

Hello, Perhaps I have a record for authorization failures (over 23,000 over the course of 9 days) due to "carding!" I am not proud of it because I hadn't set up fraud protection in MIVA and with that many attempts, we had to work with our payment processor who charges us for each attempt (something that seems minimal until you multiply it by 23,000), to refund a substantial chunk of $$ only after we signed something saying future incidents will be our responsibility.* Provisions have been put in place to prevent future attacks thanks to MIVAs fraud protection settings - hopefully.

QUESTION: So, now I have 23,000+ authorization failures in the authorization failure log that I need to remove. How can I do that? I am tempted to hit the reset, but am not confident that it will not reset other items in order processing. With over 23,000 failures, the log is VERY sluggish and frustrating to use.

Thanks in advance.
    Robin

*We use Chase PaymentTech and did notify them via their tech support email system of suspected fraud activity when we first noticed the issue on day one and three other times throughout the week as the issue continued. They said we should have called which we did, but NO ONE understood what we were trying to tell them was happening since it didn't fit into their paradigm of a stolen credit card type of fraud.
    ---------------------------------
    Robin McDermott, CQE
    Director of Training
    QualityTrainingPortal.com

Originally posted by robinemcd View Post
    QUESTION: So, now I have 23,000+ authorization failures in the authorization failure log that I need to remove. How can I do that? I am tempted to hit the reset, but am not confident that it will not reset other items in order processing. With over 23,000 failures, the log is VERY sluggish and frustrating to use.
    Robin,

Select one Authorization Failure record and then use the hotkey (Ctrl + A) to select all the records. You can choose to export to CSV for your records and then delete or just click the delete (trashcan icon) button. If you have any issues removing these records, open a ticket with support ([email protected]) and include a link to this forum thread.

Wayne
    Wayne Smith

Comment

Thank you Wayne,

I tried to run it last night and it was taking a LONG time so I am going to give it another try this weekend when server usage is low.

Robin
      ---------------------------------
      Robin McDermott, CQE
      Director of Training
      QualityTrainingPortal.com

Comment

Robin,

You can try removing in smaller chunks but you should be able to remove that many without issue. You can try using the advanced search to remove a date range to slowly chip away at the authorization failure list. If you continue to have issues removing them, send an email to support ([email protected]) and include a link to this forum thread.

Wayne
        Wayne Smith

Comment

Working...
        X