Cost difference using Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost difference using Toolkit

I am using Toolkit in our dev store and trying to get this feature working like it does on our live store. It is supposed to take the amount in the cost field and make it show up as savings with the word Savings in red and the Retail price crossed out. Any thoughts as to what I am doing wrong?

<mvt:if expr="l.settings:product:cost GT l.settings:product:price">
    <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="math_subtract|difference|l.all_settings:pro duct:cost|l.all_settings:product:price" />
    <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="currencyformat|formatted_difference|savings " />
    <b>Retail Price:</b> <s>&mvt:product:formatted_cost;</s><br>
    <font color="red"><b>Savings:</b> &mvte:global:formatted_savings;</font><br>

<mvt:else>
    Our Price: <b>&mvt:product:formatted_price;</b><br>
    </mvt:if>
    <!--<mvt:if expr="l.settings:product:weight NE 0">
    Shipping Weight: <b>&mvt:product:weight;</b> &mvt:store:wtunits;<br>
    </mvt:if>-->
    <mvt:if expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:product:customfield_values:customfields :Author">
    &mvt:customfield_names:customfields:Author;:
    <b>&mvt:product:customfield_values:customfields:Au thor;</b><br>
    <mvt:if expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:product:customfield_values:customfields :Musician">
    &mvt:customfield_names:customfields:Musician;:
    <b>&mvt:product:customfield_values:customfields:Mu sician;</b><br>
    <mvt:if expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:product:customfield_values:customfields :Speaker">
    &mvt:customfield_names:customfields:Speaker;:
    <b>&mvt:product:customfield_values:customfields:Sp eaker;</b><br>

<mvt:if expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:product:customfield_values:customfields :Retail">
    &mvt:customfield_names:customfields:Retail;:
    <b>&mvt:product:customfield_values:customfields:Re tail;</b><br>
    </mvt:if><br>

should these two lines share a common variable name?

<mvt:item name="toolkit" param="math_subtract|difference|l.all_settings:pro duct:cost|l.all_settings:product:price" />
    <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="currencyformat|formatted_difference|savings " />

Comment

I no clue what that means... a common variable name. All I know is that it works on our live store, using the amount in the Cost field.

Comment

Use this:

<mvt:if expr="l.settings:product:cost GT l.settings:product:price">
        <mvt:assign name="g.savings" value="l.settings:product:cost - l.settings:products:price"/>
        <mvt:do name="g.savingsFormatted" file="g.Module_Root $ g.Store:currncy_mod:module" value="CurrencyModule_AddFormatting( g.Store:currncy_mod, g.savings )" />
        <b>Retail Price:</b> <s>&mvt:product:formatted_cost;</s><br>
        <font color="red"><b>Savings:</b> &mvte:global:savingsFormatted;</font><br>

<mvt:else>

ALSO, no idea why you are using

You can just use:

Author:
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thank you SO Much! You have no idea how long I have been trying to get this to work. I went back to the original page and was trying to set up the Price Groups thinking that would show the price difference but I couldn't get that to work either.

If I just use Author: then the word Author does not show up like this "Author: John Doe". Only the name shows up. I want the word Author to show up too.

Hey can I use this same code other places like the storefront page and the category list page so it ends up looking something like this below?
          screenshot.JPG

Comment

You should be able to use this anywhere, however, the actual name of the fields (l.e., l.settings:product:price) MAY be different.

As for the custom field usage, I was referring to changing this:

<b>&mvt:product:customfield_values:customfields: Au thor;</b><br>

to this:

Author: <b>&mvt:product:customfield_values:customfields: Au thor;</b><br>

As for:

You have no idea how long I have been trying to get this to work.
            We actually do, that's why we encourage store owners to be store owners and let developers do development :)

That coding took literally 30 seconds...which in the real world, might have cost about $20 to hire a developer to do. (And, for example, if you where a ongoing client of ours, probably would have been charged even less because we'd already have things like site Access and billing established.)
            Last edited by Bruce - PhosphorMedia; 03-01-17, 11:35 AM.
            Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Something is still not right with the code as it is not showing the difference but instead showing the retail price (Cost field) as the savings instead of subtracting from the Price field.
              screenshot.JPG

Comment

This code change worked. Thanks! I changed the code for all the custom fields to this same format.

Author: <b>&mvt:product:customfield_values:customfields: Author;</b><br>

Comment

sorry...typo

l.settings:products:price

should be

l.settings:product:price

Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Awesome! Thanks! That fixed it.

Comment

Working...
                    X