Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the easiest way to create a Wholesale Customer Registration page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the easiest way to create a Wholesale Customer Registration page?

Hi,

I need to create a Wholesale Registration page for potential wholesale clients to apply.
    What is the easiest way of doing that in Miva 9?

It is fairly simple, basically just like the CTUS (Contact) page but with some additional questions added to it.
    The part I don't understand is how to make my own custom questions.... such as Tax ID number, website URL, Sales Rep name etc.
    I also need the basics like first name, last name, address.. but also about 6 or 7 customized questions that are not native to Miva.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?
    I have made a clone of the CTUS page to start with... now I just need to somehow add those additional questions to it.

I also have the ADS Contact Pro module and thought that might do the trick as well but it is poorly documented and it's not clear how or if it's possible to make/add your own custom questions to it.
    *Their customer support is not replying to my questions about that so maybe I will try and modify the CTUS clone page I made.

Please let me know if someone knows how to do this.
    Much appreciated.

The best way is to leverage customer accounts and custom customer fields to do this. Since at the end of the day a wholesale customer is just a customer account in Miva which is part of one or more price groups or availability group.

We've done it in the past where we'll pass a parameter in the URL for the account signup:

domain.com/create-account.html?wholesale=true

Then based off this we modify the field that are displayed to the customer. You can add any customer customer fields you like:

http://docs.miva.com/template-langua...ustomer-fields

Then once the account is created you can save the fields and automatically insert the customer in a price group or put them in a pending status to review the account.

Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hi Brennan,

Thanks for this information.
      Since I'm new to this, can you please tell me in a few easy to understand steps how to add the custom customer fields to the ACAD page?
      I want to add a few extra simple fields such as Tax ID number, Sales Rep name etc. and make them required fields.

This would be much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X