Checkout Recaptcha Module Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout Recaptcha Module Update

I noticed today that we had 3000 charge attempts from an IP in Indonesia. I found that surprising since we have the Checkout Recaptcha enabled in velocity mode. It turns out from the reviews on the module that there is a newer module version 1.06, we had 1.05. Apparently the velocity mode doesn't work in older versions according to Miva's reply on the review on the app page.

My question is, since this is now a built in feature in Miva, why didn't our software update to the latest version automatically? I hate it when we run into problems like this and then I found out it's because a module was updated that I didn't know about.

Can you guys PLEASE provide a way to easily alert us when there are module updates? Otherwise we keep having to find out about them when things don't work correctly on the site.

I'm sure miva will chime in, but if I recall correctly, that module was offered outside the 'stream' (meaning you downloaded it from the app store).

In the meantime, you should have a spreadsheet of "non built in" modules, their current version (easy to create from the admin, by exporting the list from the module's tab), and possibly a link where the version can be checked. So, next update, just click through the list of modules and check versions. This will also help you track 3rd party modules.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

In this case (and we probably should've communicated it better), you should remove the module that you downloaded entirely. The built in replacement doesn't use that module at all.
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
        In this case (and we probably should've communicated it better), you should remove the module that you downloaded entirely. The built in replacement doesn't use that module at all.
        I tried deleting the module and it wouldn't let me because its in use by one or more stores and cannot be deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreman2 View Post

I tried deleting the module and it wouldn't let me because its in use by one or more stores and cannot be deleted.
          The module will need to be removed from System Extensions and if you have any issues, please open a ticket with Miva Support.
          1) Click on Menu
          2) Click on System Extensions Settings
          3) Click on Add/Remove Modules
          4) Click on Remove for Checkout reCAPTCHA

Contact Miva Support ([email protected] or 800-608-6482 option 2) if you have any issues and please include a link to this post.

Wayne
          Wayne Smith

Comment

Originally posted by wsmith View Post

The module will need to be removed from System Extensions and if you have any issues, please open a ticket with Miva Support.
            1) Click on Menu
            2) Click on System Extensions Settings
            3) Click on Add/Remove Modules
            4) Click on Remove for Checkout reCAPTCHA

Contact Miva Support ([email protected] or 800-608-6482 option 2) if you have any issues and please include a link to this post.

Wayne
            OK this worked, thank you! I was able to enable the newer Captcha under payment settings.

Comment

Working...
            X