3 shipping charges appeared on order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 shipping charges appeared on order

What combination of settings or events could lead to a single order including the same 3 shipping charges, 3 times in the order. Oddly, the name is being overriden from UPS Ground's default name to something like UPS Ground (1 to 5 Business Days) or something like that. In the first line item it shows the name override as set, but in the other two instances right after it uses the default name.

So shipping should have been....

Shipping: UPS Ground (1 to 5 Business Days): $14.05

But instead, was charged and displayed in the order like this....

Shipping: UPS Ground: $14.05

And it charged all 3 to the order.

ONLY OTHER THING TO NOTE, this order had a coupon applied, but when I tested the exact same order contents, coupon and ship to address right up to the OPAY page, it was still only showing me the one charge, exactly as it should with my name override in place.

No custom programming here. Just using normal checkout process for the most part.
    Ted Hust
    AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
    Miva Merchant Design

Originally posted by aarcmedia View Post
    What combination of settings or events could lead to a single order including the same 3 shipping charges, 3 times in the order. Oddly, the name is being overriden from UPS Ground's default name to something like UPS Ground (1 to 5 Business Days) or something like that. In the first line item it shows the name override as set, but in the other two instances right after it uses the default name.

So shipping should have been....

But instead, was charged and displayed in the order like this....

And it charged all 3 to the order.

ONLY OTHER THING TO NOTE, this order had a coupon applied, but when I tested the exact same order contents, coupon and ship to address right up to the OPAY page, it was still only showing me the one charge, exactly as it should with my name override in place.

No custom programming here. Just using normal checkout process for the most part.
    Hello aarcmedia,

I just tested this my demo store and it's possible to add multiple shipping charges to a single order if you do it manually via the admin > order processing > edit order > click Edit Shipping/Tax/Other Charges.

Do you know if this order was placed manually, like a phone order or something like that? Or, if someone went into the order after it was placed and then someone edited the order and added those charges to the order without removing the other 2 shipping methods.

Regards
    Rafael Buelna
    Miva Support Engineer
    800.608.MIVA (24/7 Support)
    http://www.miva.com
    http://www.miva.com/support

Comment

I just had something like this happen (two UPS charges, slightly different amount, and labeled differently. The order was placed on the website and not manually in admin.

Here were two charges that appear in the order:
      Shipping: UPS Ground: 19.66
      Shipping: UPSŪ Ground: 17.26
      The first one is properly labeled as per the "Display As" setting for this method, which should be marked up $1.20. Curiously, it appears that this was actually marked up double or $2.40 from the $17.26.

I'm not aware of this every happening before. Can't imagine how this could happen unless there was something strange going on with the calls to the UPS servers.
      Paul

Comment

Working...
      X