Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inventory Subsystem, Expired Carts and Deleting Baskets

I just discovered and implemented the inventory feature added in 9.0006
    "The Inventory subsystem may now be configured to remove products from inventory at checkout rather than when added to the basket. When configured in this fashion, inventory is reverified during the checkout process and not removed from inventory until payment is successfully processed."

I clearly don't have the settings correct, because deleting expired baskets now adds inventory back into the system that was never removed. I deactivated Restock Shelves for this reason, but now I don't know how to clear expired baskets without ruining my inventory. There must be a setting to correct this, but I haven't been able to find it.

Hoping someone can shed some light.
    Thank you very much!

When you first turn on Inventory at Checkout, which is the setting you are describing above, you need to delete all (not just expired) baskets to start with a clean slate. Once you have done this, all future baskets should not reduce inventory (until the item is purchased) and deleting expired baskets won't put inventory back in stock.

I would turn off restock shelves as it may not be returning inventory incorrectly when deleting baskets. Instead you can setup a scheduled task to correctly delete expired baskets.

Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thank you! I'll get right on it.

Comment

Still not working. I've tried this several times, waiting for a time when I feel comfortable deleting everyone's basket

delete all baskets
        maintenance mode
        delete all baskets
        remove products When Added to Basket
        update
        delete all baskets
        remove products At Checkout
        update
        delete all baskets (for good measure)
        turn off maintenance mode
        no change

Is there an exact protocol I have to follow?

Comment

Originally posted by elisabeth_hale View Post
          Still not working. I've tried this several times, waiting for a time when I feel comfortable deleting everyone's basket

delete all baskets
          maintenance mode
          delete all baskets
          remove products When Added to Basket
          update
          delete all baskets
          remove products At Checkout
          update
          delete all baskets (for good measure)
          turn off maintenance mode
          no change

Is there an exact protocol I have to follow?
          Please open a ticket with support so we can double check the settings along with checking to see if a third party module is conflicting. Send an email to [email protected] and please make sure to include a link to this forum thread.

Thank you,

Wayne
          Wayne Smith

Comment

Thanks Wayne!

Comment

Working...
            X