Login with Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login with Facebook

I know I'm way behind the times but I had Miva create the login with Facebook app quite a few years ago. I never knew Facebook ever updated the issue which was preventing it from being used at the time. I'm not worried about using it in my present website but am attempting to turn it on in my dev website.

Question #1: Email sent out this past week with an update in the OAuth setting. I can't see the entire address string in the Access Token URL: field. What is the complete address?

Question #2: Redirect Page: I used facebook-redirect as pictured in the screenshot. It doesn't work and I can't save the settings because it can't find the page. Am I supposed to create some type of page within my store? What coding do I put on it?

I have tried to find the answers to above in the latest reference guide but can't seem to find it. This has been my biggest frustration every time there is a version update. The reference guide doesn't give the complete documentation. Where is the documentation on the Miva site for Login with Facebook so I can use it as a reference also?

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
    , owner
    Miss Kate's Creations
    [email protected]
    www.misskatescreations.com

Handcrafted fabric covered photo albums, frames, brag books and MORE

The only setting you need to adjust is the Response Type from "Facebook" to "JSON" All other settings should be the same.

It sounds like you may not have things setup correctly to begin with. If that is the case, attached are the full setup instructions.
    Attached Files
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks for sending me the Facebook-Login.pdf. The problem was, it was never set up in Miva for me. It was only halfway set up on Facebook because I was told there was an issue with Facebook and that was the end of it. I never bothered to contact support to see if the problem was ever resolved with FB. I guess I should have since I paid to have this created for me.

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
      , owner
      Miss Kate's Creations
      [email protected]
      www.misskatescreations.com

Handcrafted fabric covered photo albums, frames, brag books and MORE

Comment

Working...
      X