Odd Link's 404'ing In Webmaster Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Link's 404'ing In Webmaster Tools

I have a client having odd link structures showing up as 404's in Webmaster Tools over the past few days. They look something like this......

/category-display.html?Category_Code=XXXXXXX

Now I see what's happening, there is some kind of URL set up somewhere that's mistakenly drawing in the "page name" to the above URL above, and then popping the category code on the end. HOWEVER, I can't find where these live. I checked his generated XML sitemap, that's good as gold. I checked the source on category templates and product templates on the front end, these links don't appear anywhere.

Has anyone else seen this specific structure pop up, and even if you haven't, any idea where a link of this sort could be generated from.

NOTE, I did recently change out his "home page parent cat listing" to use out-of-box features instead of the toolbelt powering them, but that's basic, and as stated, that URL structure does not show up on the home page, cat pages or product pages.

I also updated his sitemap for him a couple of days ago, but the sitemap does not include this URL structure, but rather the proper.

So any "thinking out loud" help anyone can provide would be awesome.
    Ted Hust
    AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
    Miva Merchant Design
Working...
X