Toolkit Basket Itemcount Not Working on URI pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toolkit Basket Itemcount Not Working on URI pages

I'm in the process of migrating my store from Legacy SEO settings to URI management. I have everything set up and working, but I've run into an odd issue I can't figure out.

In my category tree header, I am using the Toolkit basket function to display the number of items in the user's basket. For some reason, the function is not working on pages generated with URLs created by the URI management system--which is all my PROD and CTGY pages. The function is working on pages that are not generated through the URI management system, like my BASK page.

I thought it might be related somehow to having this code in the category tree, so to test I dropped this code directly into my CTGY page template.

<mvt:item name="toolkit" param="basket|itemcount" />
    <br>Items in Basket: &mvte:toolkit:basketcount; or &mvt:global:itemcount;

When I view the tokens available for the CTGY page, I see values for both those entities which match what I have in an open basket. When I click the option to view the variable on a live page, the page displays with the variables in place and showing the correct values. The URL for the page, though, is a long URL not matching the format I have set up in URI management.

However, when I view the same CTGY page on my site using the shortened URL generated by URI management both those tokens show a 0 value instead of what they should show.

I wondered if this was a Toolkit issue, so I tried dropping in this code right next to the previous on my CTGY page template:

<mvt:item name="toolkit" param="random|nrandom|100" />
    Random number: &mvte:global:nrandom;

Toolkit successfully creates a random number on pages that are generated by the URI management system. So the issue with basket count not showing isn't a Toolkit issue. It seems to be something with the URI management system.

Any thoughts on how I might be able to resolve this?
    Todd Gibson
    Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Maybe just assign the Global_minibasket (if not already assigned) to all pages and use:

l.settings:global_minibasket:basket_count

?
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks Bruce. Nice thought, but exactly the same result. Viewing the page with a canonical URL managed through URI management returns a value of 0 when that entity is on the page. But I can see that entity has a value when I look at the page variables. And the entity displays on the page with the correct value when I click the link to view the variable on live page.

It seems very odd that it's just these basket content entities that aren't returning a value. Everything else on the page is displaying correctly.
      Todd Gibson

Comment

Hmm, try playing around with your session cookie settings?
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

No luck with that either. I also tried deleting all baskets and starting a fresh basket after changing cookie settings.

I've also tested switching back to Legacy SEO settings in URI management. When I view category page and product pages with a long-form URL like this the values display correctly:

https://stage.oliverands.com/mm5/mer...ciety-patterns

When I view that same page using my canonical URL created with URI management, the values return a zero:

https://stage.oliverands.com/shop/st...-patterns.html

Same thing on PROD pages. Long form URL returns correct values. Canonical URL with URI management returns 0.
          Todd Gibson

Comment

I've done some further work on this, and am thinking that there might be something not quite right in the URI management system.

I'm having an issue, as well, on my PROD pages with a review module not working correctly on pages generated with a canonical URL created by the URI management system. I have URI management turned on and access a page like this with a canonical URL:

https://stage.oliverands.com/shop/pa...g-pattern.html

On that page, the Toolkit function isn't working, and the review module won't work. But both the Toolkit function and the review module work just as they should when I view that same product page using a long URL:

https://stage.oliverands.com/mm5/mer...and-s-patterns

or

https://stage.oliverands.com/mm5/mer...de=OLV-OS050PP

So it appears that when a page is run through the URI management system and output with a canonical URL, the engine isn't generating all the page code correctly. But if that page isn't run through the URI management system, the page code is all output perfectly.

Has anyone else faced an issue like this? Have I missed a setting somewhere? Or is there a chance this is an unreported bug?
            Todd Gibson

Comment

Oops. Looks like this was my bad. My developer made some modifications to our .htaccess file to accommodate some issues specific to our site's configuration and now everything is working as expected.
              Todd Gibson

Comment

Working...
              X