Module Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Module Compatibility

We are looking to convert an MMUI store to CSSUI and use a ReadyTheme. There are two modules in use that aren't supported any more but am wondering if they will still work on the updated store: 1. Ultimate Product Reviews and Ratings by Sebenza 2. Virtual Subcategories by Netblazon.

Anyone have these running on a CSSUI Miva 9 store using a ReadyTheme?

Reviews will work. Not sure about the virtual subcategories, but I'd bet you could work around that with SMT coding. However, I'd recommend swapping out the review module for something that is still supported. While it will work today, no bets on tomorrow and for such a critical part of your site, not a good idea. Also, chance that new relevant features will appear for it like social sharing of reviews. There are two current, on site review modules for Miva (ours and Glendale's) and many service based options to choose from.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Just chiming in. Definitely not a good idea to move modules which are not supported anymore to a new store (converted store).

We are using for our clients Easy Review by PhosphorMedia and I can only highly recommend it. A good thing is that it has an import for Sebenza's review module so you don't lose the already existing ones. Cheers!
      Andreas Toman
      PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
      We built over 200 Miva Merchant stores!
      Miva shopping cart design & integration service and see our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
      web: www.pcinet.com
      LinkedIn: Andreas Toman
      phone: (786) 250-2056 (Miami, FL)

Comment

I was thinking we could mimic the virtual subcategories module with some custom coding - I just haven't 100% nailed down what it is doing in their store. I couldn't find any documentation on the module to see how it was implemented exactly.

In reference to the review modules, is anyone out there using either one of them actively? What are some pros and cons to each so I can make a recommendation to the client? I know that they need to be able to use schema.org properly so that the reviews show in google. SEO-friendly is also important, as well as ease of maintaining, and reducing spam.

Can the Glendale module import from Sebenza's Review module as well?

Thanks for any information.

Comment

Working...
        X