Google Shopping and offering Free Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Shopping and offering Free Shipping

My PLA marketing company brought it to my attention yesterday that the products I offer FREE SHIPPING on are not being annotated as free shipping on the Google Marketplace. I went through the Google Shopping settings, looked at my product setup, and am unable to locate where I can indicate free shipping for a product.

What am I missing?
    Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
    (770) 441-9447
    The Martial Arts Store

Please Visit Our Site At:
    http://www.themartialartsstore.com

Unfortunately this is where the Google Marketplaces product settings in Miva falls short. For all of the fields it contains, it does not contain a shipping_label attribute which is the one reason we decided against it in favor of using feeds. I thought maybe we were just missing something but even our Miva developer said straight out we'd be better off using feeds instead. This should definitely be addressed by Miva as it would be an easy and useful addition (since this is a staple of an ecommerce company).

To do this, you'd have a shipping_label column in your feed. Since we use the Product Flags custom field for those products with Free Shipping, that's what we use to populate that column. Then in Google Merchant Center under Shipping, create a Shipping Service for free shipping using that field as the shipping label.

Comment

Thank you for replying. I will give this a try!

Originally posted by mikel View Post
      To do this, you'd have a shipping_label column in your feed. Since we use the Product Flags custom field for those products with Free Shipping, that's what we use to populate that column. Then in Google Merchant Center under Shipping, create a Shipping Service for free shipping using that field as the shipping label.
      Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
      (770) 441-9447
      The Martial Arts Store

Please Visit Our Site At:
      http://www.themartialartsstore.com

Comment

Working...
      X