Order went through even though Amazon Pay payment method was declined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order went through even though Amazon Pay payment method was declined

A customer made an order and selected Amazon Pay as their payment method. The method was declined from their end, but the order went through anyway. We did not get any notification from Amazon that the payment failed. So, I'm looking for a solution for either stopping the order if Amazon Pay was declined, or receiving a notification that Amazon Pay was declined, so we are aware of the issue and can contact the customer. Thanks!

Can you tell me what the 'Transaction Timeout' and 'Polling Interval' are set to in your module (Payment Settings -> Amazon Pay)?

Here's some more information about those settings:

Transaction Timeout: After your customer completes checkout using Amazon Pay, Amazon gives you a certain amount of time to change the order. For example, after completing checkout in your store, the customer might call you and want to drop an item, add an item, or change the shipping or payment information. As a store manager or admin, you can log into the Miva Merchant admin interface, edit the customer's order, and make any necessary changes.

The transaction timeout is the amount of time, after checkout, that you will allow an order placed using Amazon Pay to be edited. If you set the transaction timeout to 30 minutes, and the customer calls you 1 hour after they complete checkout to change the order, you won't be able to resubmit the order to Amazon. In that case you would have to cancel the order and ask the customer to start over.

The max timeout you can enter in this field is 1,440 minutes (24 hours), which is the max allowed by Amazon.

Polling Interval: Amazon does some fraud processing before they authorize a transaction. The Polling Interval determines how often you want Miva Merchant software to contact Amazon to check on the transaction status. For example, if you set the Polling Interval to 30 minutes, Miva Merchant will contact Amazon every 30 minutes to get a status update on the order. For example:
    1. The customer completes checkout in real time, but the transaction is not yet authorized.
    2. If you edit the order in the Miva Merchant admin interface, the order status will be pending.
    3. The Miva Merchant software checks with Amazon every 30 minutes (or whatever you set the Polling Interval to) for an order status update.

Instantly Capture Payment (requires prior approval from Amazon): If you select this option, the funds will be captured as soon as Amazon marks the transaction as Authorized. If you do not select this option, you must:
    1. Wait until the order status is updated to Open.
    2. Edit the order in the Miva Merchant admin interface and click the Capture button.

Before you can use this feature in your Miva Merchant store you must contact Amazon and ask for it to be enabled in your Amazon seller account.
    Jim McCormick
    Miva Merchant Support
    866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

One of my clients had the same problem and set Transaction Timeout (set to 0 to enable synchronous order processing): to 0 and I added a piece of code to the merchant notification and letting him know if the order got declined by Amazon.
      Andreas Toman
      PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
      We built over 200 Miva Merchant stores!
      Miva shopping cart design & integration service and see our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
      web: www.pcinet.com
      LinkedIn: Andreas Toman
      phone: (786) 250-2056 (Miami, FL)

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McCormick View Post
        Can you tell me what the 'Transaction Timeout' and 'Polling Interval' are set to in your module (Payment Settings -> Amazon Pay)?
        Transaction Timeout (set to 0 to enable synchronous order processing): minutes
        Polling Interval: minutes
        Originally posted by Jim McCormick View Post
        Before you can use this feature in your Miva Merchant store you must contact Amazon and ask for it to be enabled in your Amazon seller account.
        Everything is all set on Amazon's End.

Comment

Originally posted by PCINET - Andreas View Post
          One of my clients had the same problem and set Transaction Timeout (set to 0 to enable synchronous order processing): to 0 and I added a piece of code to the merchant notification and letting him know if the order got declined by Amazon.
          Can you let me know what the code that you added is? And where it was added to? Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X