Product Comparisons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Comparisons

Has anyone found a good solution for product comparisons in Miva? It would be very useful to allow visitors to select products on say a category page to display a comparison grid between multiple items.

We have a custom solution for this and did it while back for one of our clients. http://shop.yonkausa.com/face-cleansers.html
    Andreas Toman
    PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
    We built over 200 Miva Merchant stores!
    Miva shopping cart design & integration service and see our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
    web: www.pcinet.com
    LinkedIn: Andreas Toman
    phone: (786) 250-2056 (Miami, FL)

Comment

Has anyone used Power Search by Emporium to accomplish this? I would love to see an implementation of this prior to purchase. According to the write up:

Product Comparison Grid. You can easily compare similar products by features (from your custom product field data) in a grid format to determine which is the best buy. The products can be grouped for comparison by three different methods; 1) pre-defined similar products in a custom product field, 2) checkboxes on a category or search results page where customers can select products to compare, 3) manually enter product codes into the special search input. The fields for comparison are passed at the same time that the products are submitted so you can have multiple dynamic feature comparison grids in the same store. If you want to see examples of how it works you'll need to contact me as we are not allowed to put external links to our pages in this store. Combine this module with our Emporium Plus Tool Kit module and you can create screen snapshots of the comparison grid to send to a friend or yourself for further study.

Comment

We have a somewhat limited implementation. bear in mind this was done 5 years ago and hasn't been updated.

https://tinyurl.com/mpfee4y

Comment

jbart, did you use power search to accomplish this? Was there a great deal of tweaking within the code? As I don't want to commit to purchasing Power Search before I understand if this will work - it's difficult not being able test this functionality out first.

Comment

PCINet - that's a nice integration. I am hoping to do something like that. I was just trying to see if there were any helper-modules, etc before having to create a completely custom implementation. It's a nice feature to have on e-com sites.

Comment

Working...
            X