Help - Add Note To Customer Shipped Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - Add Note To Customer Shipped Email

I have been trying to add a custom order field to our shipped confirmation emails with no success. I tried implementing a suggestion I found on the forum but have had no luck displaying the custom order field. The custom order field code is "order_note". If someone doesn't mind looking at my code below and see if any assistance can be offered.

<mvt:item name="customfields" param="Read_Order(l.settings:order:id, 'invoicenote',l.settings:order_note )" />
    <mvt:assign name="l.settings:order_note" value="trim(l.settings:order_note)" />
    <mvt:if expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:order_note">
    <table width=670 style="border:1px solid #333; font-size:12px;">
    <tr><td>
    <b>Comment:</b> &mvt:order_note;
    </td></tr>
    </table>

Any help is much appreciated.

Greg

invoicenote

in

<mvt:item name="customfields" param="Read_Order(l.settings:order:id, 'invoicenote',l.settings:order_note )" />

Should be (according to what you wrote)

order_note

The syntax of that function is:

Read_Order = Function
    l.settings:order:id = the key value (i.e., to locate the specific order)
    invoicenote = the custom field code
    l.settings:order_note = the RETURN value. (by default, the contents of the custom order field is returned in the format off l.settings:order_note:custom_field_code so you don't really need the following assignment code. The value will be in l.settings:order_note. Though using

<mvt:item name="customfields" param="Read_Order(l.settings:order:id, 'order_note',l.settings:order:order_note )" />

and

l.settings:order:order_note (&mvt:order:order_note;)

might be easier to manage.

Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks Bruce for the detailed explanation and pointing out my error. Works perfectly now. I appreciated your effort.

Greg

Comment

No problem...mostly did it for others. It would be helpful if someone would write up a SMT Function How To for those who are not used to parsing out the proper syntax on their own.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X