export orders to csv ftp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

export orders to csv ftp

I am wondering now in 2017 what is the easiest and still working solution to export orders and/or batch files in csv to the server . I am debating template based batches but not quite sure how to have it save the csv to the server on schedule cron. Also debating toolkit on INVC or use file output on a page. I know there are a lot of posts about this, but I'm wondering what has changed in MIVA that would be the most efficient method of doing this before I delve into either one or the other of the suggested methods to do this.

Thank you!
    Suzanne

__________________________________________________ _______

aGenius Marketing
    800-768-2693
    Web Design & e-Commerce

Not sure what time reference you refer to...but it's relatively easy to create a csv file. Just save each line in a variable (adding the aschiiChar(10) new line character at the ), then use File_Create() when done. Name the file .csv, and link to the file at the end of the routine (page) and you should be able to click and download the file:

<mvt:assign name="l.doit" value="file_create( '/Orders'$s.time_t$'.csv', script, g.TheVariableContainingOrderData)" />

(the s.time_t variable just appends system time to name of the file. Otherwise, you'll need to run sdelete() to remove the file before creating it.)
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I took the long way around using toolkit xmlexport out of emails.
      Suzanne

aGenius Marketing
      800-768-2693
      Web Design & e-Commerce

Comment

Both of those solutions will work. We would typically do this via a batch report that gets run via a CRON or via a remote request using Dynamic Order Export which is part of our Enterprise Tools.
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
        X