Setting up Miva Mia with Miva Merchant v4.14-v5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Setting up Miva Mia with Miva Merchant v4.14-v5.0

What version of MySQL are you using on the server? When you login to phpmyadmin you should see the version number. I'm wondering if there is some sort of problem between the two versions of MySQL.
    Jim McCormick
    Miva Merchant Support
    866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

On hostasaurus the MySQL version is 5.0.77; the version on my computer is 5.1.45.

Comment

Hmm, well I guess there could be something there. Are you able to delete the baskets from w/in the admin interface?
        Jim McCormick
        Miva Merchant Support
        866-284-9812

Comment

I am able to delete baskets, both "Expired Shopping Baskets Only" and "All Shopping Baskets".

Comment

I am also having trouble setting up Miva Mia.

When I go to http://127.0.0.1:8000/mm5/admin.mvc it takes me to the login page of our live site. Any ideas as to what's wrong, or how to fix it?

I'm using Miva Mia 5.09 and the store is using mivasql.

Comment

I am a bit confused on setting up Miva Mia. The store I'm working with has its own (PHP) files and all the storefront files are under mm5 (MM version 5.5 if that matters). So my questions are:
              1) Where do the PHP files (that have links to mm5/merchant.mvc for example) go within the Miva Mia directory?
              2) Can Miva Mia deal with PHP files?

Also, the documentation must have moved from when the original article was written. Can someone please provide that link? I'll go back over all these threads but I have not seen an updated link yet.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello Jim,
                We are setting up a new installation of MIA for secosouth.com
                Production Release 5
                Miva Merchant Engine v5.09
                Database API: mysql

We are able to access admin, but not able to update settings etc... - Once we navigate to the site configuration the home page for the store displays in the local admin.

Any suggestions?

Comment

You'll want to upgrade Mia as you cannot upgrade the store to Production Release 8. Have you tried modifying the domain table directly in the MySQL database?
                  Jim McCormick
                  Miva Merchant Support
                  866-284-9812

Comment

capnhud... Most likely Mia is not running on port 80. The browser is going to try to load the images on that port.

When you start up Mia, it will tell you what port it is running on. Generally, I run both Mia and a copy of Uniserver (which handles the port 80 traffic, and has MySql).

Nick

Comment

Hey guys, hopefully someone can help me.

Miva support said to write in this forum for help.

I am trying to make a development version of our site with miva mia.

I have copied the database exactly and transferred over my Miva files from our main server.

When I click on homepage it goes to 127.0.0.1. I have it running on port 8000 so localhost:8000 or 127.0.0.1:8000 work.

Now I can't get to my admin, because it says I need to run initial miva scripts. I tried localhost:8000/Merchant5/setup.mvc, it loads but when I click next it gives me a blank page. The base url also changes to the name of my pc without a port. If I add a port to it, it still doesn't work.

Any Ideas? Thanks.

Comment

I'm assuming it's telling you to run setup and it's not seeing the data directory. You do not need to run setup but you'll want to take a look at the configured data directory and make sure you have everything downloaded correctly. You'll also need to make sure you edit your merchdb.dat file in your data directory to point to the correct database.
                        Jim McCormick
                        Miva Merchant Support
                        866-284-9812

Comment

Working...
                        X