authorize.net down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: authoirze.net down

I don't know if this means anything but I just tryed to process a card in test mode and got this message.

Runtime error in 5.00/merchant.mvc @ [0000000d:00000076]: merchant.mv: Line 989: MvLOCKFILE: Error creating lockfile 'Merchant5/3b13a6b602fc5b91bb7f91e98329b935': Timed out waiting for lock
    Thanks for the support,
    Bill Cannon
    www.GSpirit.com

Comment

Has anyone heard from Miva on this? Seems like they are going to have to beat down AuthNet's doors to get this resolved.

Comment

It is a clearly a problem specific to Miva. We are processing cards fine in Mail Order Manager (MOM) which uses Authorize.net.

This kind of thing makes my blood boil. Authorize.net clearly changed something without testing first. I used to work with a bunch of idiots like that... key word USED to work. Heads should roll.

We turned on simple validation and are going to manually run the cards in MOM.

DT

Comment

Just an FYI for store owners who are not able to process payments and
          want to implement a workaround. In your store under Payment
          Configuration, you can put a check next to Credit Card Payment with
          Simple Validation and click update. Now go into the new tab for that
          module and remove any card types you do not accept, hit update. Now go
          to the authorize.net tab and turn off ALL card types. This will leave
          the module there but it will not be used during checkout.

Later on when the issue is resolved, you can go back in and turn those
          card types back on, then go to the simple validation tab and delete all
          the cards from there (you won't be able to remove the module itself
          since orders have been placed with it). Now, you have the manual task of
          processing those orders that were placed with simple validation because
          it just collected the cards and didn't actually do anything with them.
          You can run them manually via your authorize.net virtual terminal.

If you have done this in the past and your simple validation module is
          missing its payment types, you can add the cards back in using the
          following rules:

American Express begins with 34,37 and is 15 digits in length, Discover
          begins with 6011 and is 16 digits in length, Mastercard begins with 5
          and is 16 digits in length. Visa should begin with 4 and is 13,16 in
          length.
          Last edited by Rick Wilson; 07-03-09, 08:15 AM.
          David Hubbard
          CIO
          Miva
          [email protected]
          http://www.miva.com

Comment

Thank you thank you. This should at least work as a bandaid for now.

Comment

I just got off the phone with the CEO of Auth.net and one of their head techs. They are tracking it down as we speak and I will post something as soon as we know more information. This is our highest priority.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]
              https://www.miva.com

Comment

Just to throw in 2 more cents. We are also able to charge thru authorize.net in Stoneedge but have not received any orders using authorize.net on the website since 10 something last night. Simple validation is working thank god.

theresa

Comment

At least Authorize.net seems to have improved their customer service a little. At least someone answers the phone & chat now. They may still deny they caused the problem, but at least you get to hear that before the problem is fixed. :)

DT

Comment

Re: authorize.net down

Would it not be a good idea for MIVA to be part of Authorize.net beta testing of code changes. Wonder if anyone from MIVA ever approached Authorize.net with this idea?
                    Of course maybe Authorize.net doesn't have a beta testing team with outside testers.
                    Gary Mong
                    foryourbird.com

Comment

David,

Once again, you have saved the day!

Nice work around...my store is taking orders again.

Now the first TWO are on me at the MIVA Conference.

Thanks to you and Hostasaurus for your top notch support!!!

Joe
                      Pinewood Pro
                      Joe Gargiulo
                      Pinewood Pro

Comment

So irritated right now.

We had just done an email blast yesterday. Missed a ton of orders, now I have to answer a bunch of customer service emails instead of doing dev work.

On top of that I'll be out of office till the first for the Miva conference and had a ton of things to take care of already.

Comment

Does anyone know if Stone Edge Order Manager will actually receive the credit card information on download using Simple Validation, or will we have to decrypt it in the Admin & enter it manually? Thanks!

Comment

Miva said their development team is working on it. I would have to agree with David about AuthNet saying they were working with Miva when more than likely Miva wasn't aware until 7AM PST.

Comment

Same problem here with Miva Merchant 4.20. Last order for us went through at 9:36pm eastern.
                              Last edited by Jim Cockerham; 02-25-09, 09:17 AM.
                              Highly caffeinated
                              http://www.coffeehouseexpress.com

Comment

Would it not be a good idea for MIVA to be part of Authorize.net beta testing of code changes. Wonder if anyone from MIVA ever approached Authorize.net with this idea?
                                Of course maybe Authorize.net doesn't have a beta testing team with outside testers.
                                According to Auth.net "they didn't change anything" so all the beta testing in the world wouldn't have prevented whatever is causing this.

We work very closely with Auth.net but sometimes in large distributed systems like this, there's unintended consequences. My guess is we'll find out "oh we only changed that one little thing but that shouldn't have mattered..." as I've seen this play before.
                                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                                CEO
                                Miva, Inc.
                                [email protected]
                                https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
                                X