StoneEdge sold again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StoneEdge sold again

Looks like Monsoon has unloaded StoneEdge to a company called NETSDL. Anyone know anything about them?

Jason Fancett
    America's SPA-MART - "Where Spa Owners Shop SMART!"
    Check us out for all of your hot tub needs including spa covers, spa filters, spa chemicals and more.
    Miva Merchant forum users can use coupon code MIVAFORUM to receive $5 off your first order of $30 or more.

https://www.monsooncommerce.com/2016...soon-commerce/
    Jason Fancett
    Check us out for all of your hot tub needs including spa covers, spa filters, spa chemicals and more.
    Miva Merchant forum users can use coupon code MIVAFORUM to receive $5 off your first order of $30 or more.

Comment

That's the first I heard of the sale. Did you just stumble across this announcement or did you receive notification from Monsoon?
      Paul

Comment

Received an email from Monsoon this morning
        Jason Fancett

Comment

Thanks. For some reason, I don't receive a good number of their emails.
          Paul

Comment

What are the best alternatives to Monsoon Stone Edge? Never better than when Barney ran it.
            Barry

Comment

9.7 on our end is focused very specifically on much of that functionality, please share with Brennan or myself your specific needs if you'd like to have some input on the spec.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]
              https://www.miva.com

Comment

What features are you going to include with this Rick
                Richard Waters

www.MivaWebmaster.com
                [email protected]
                Tel: 541-943-3268

Comment

At a conceptual level we're going be adding two sets of features:

1. The concept of a pending order pool, where orders are reviewed/pending until they're accepted and formally sent to the fulfillment queue. This will help both with the type of stuff SEOM (and other things) do, as well as help solve our problems of synching orders to accounting and ERP systems before they're "ready".

2. We're adding a Vendor Management system, for inputting suppliers, ordering, issuing PO's, etc...

I'll have Brennan chime in with more specifics, but the idea is to flush out our Order and Fulfillment Management systems for larger merchants.
                  Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Some other details on this include:

- Ability to add custom order statuses
                    - Batch Processing
                    - More detailed Inventory (QOH, Back-ordered, On Order, Committed)
                    - Improved Click Paths for easier bulk order processing and access the relevant information on orders (for example being able to view inventory)
                    - Order Rules/Flags (For example any order over $X then do this)
                    - Drop Ship Management - Automatically create Purchase Orders for Drop Ship Orders

These are all just ideas right now, but if there is anything you would like to see let me know.
                    Brennan Heyde
                    VP Product
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

One of the things we find most productive when working with ShipWorks shipment and fulfillment automation its is ease of use, and intuitiveness.

1. Endicia digital scale attached to PC and works with ShipWorks application. This not only speeds up the weight data entry process, but eliminates the possibility of data entry error, and
                      2. Displays every shipping option available with prices from lowest to highest. Ideally should also list days and etc...

Example:
                      • USPS Parcel Post (10-15 Days) $4.75
                      • USPS First Class (3-7 Days) $6.38
                      • USPS Etc...

An option to display additional product fields from fulfillment screen and pick list (e.g: Product Location: Building, Floor, Aisle, Shelf, Bin (with the exception of Floor we would use every field). We currently use a spreadsheet to track thousands of inventory items on our legacy site, but as you can image it does not work well.
                      Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Stone Edge Order Manager acts as a dashboard or command center for many of us. Miva orders are imported into SEOM and once there the software interfaces with all of the shippers, credit card processors, sends customers status updates. Tracking information is sent back to Miva in real time. SEOM maintains the customers purchase history and can produce numerous reports regarding sales, inventory, accounting and so forth. We are not Shipworks customers but I suspect that platform does many of the same things. With SEOM the software is purchased and an annual support agreement is required for program updates and tech support. Looks like Shipworks is paid by the month and is all inclusive. Has anyone used both and might be able to compare? If Miva can build in this functionality than it would need to replicate these features plus allow user permissions for order processing purposes.
                        Barry

Comment

I just stumbled upon this thread by accident but almost all of our orders are created on a PO or drop shipped. I think I have sent an email to Rick in the past but feel free to contact me again if you need additional recommendations or suggestions.
                          Thanks,
                          Christine

Comment

Any updates on this?

I would like to transition to an all online solution and ditch StoneEdge. I have been doing a little research and it looks like I could use ShipRush to deal with all of the shipping on an online basis. I haven't checked into things like scale reading. The big catch here for us is we validate by scanning barcodes to help ensure shipping accuracy. ShipRush says they are working on creating this functionality, but it is maybe a year out.

So, the other big thing I use ShipRush for is inventory management. I need to create PO's to order products from Vendors. Here are the things that are important to me when I am creating a PO:

1. Quantity on hand

2. It would be nice to see quantity in basket for a Miva solution; this isn't an issue in StoneEdge because it only knows the total amount that has not been imported as orders. It would really suck to have an item in the basket and order more when eventually the items in the basket don't sell.

3. Quantity to order. This is based upon the relationship between:
                            - Quantity on hand
                            - Order Point, ie at what quantity to I need to order more?
                            - How it the item purchased? ie, do i buy them individually, or do i have to buy them in a given quantity, say 5, 6, 10, 12, etc
                            - Which supplier do I buy this item from? In some cases I can buy the same item from multiple vendors, so I need to be able to select the primary vendor.

4. How many have sold in the last month or variable time period.

5. Unit cost and total cost based upon the vendor chosen

6. Vendor I want to order from. Only pull items that need to be ordered when this vendor is the primary vendor.

7. I need a way to add items manually to the PO

8. I need a way to delete off items I don't really want to purchase this time.

9. I sort the PO various fields as I am trying to decide what to purchase. The most used ones for me are:
                            - quantity to order
                            - On hand Quantity
                            - Extended Price
                            - Local SKU
                            - Vendor SKU
                            10. StoneEdge prints two Purchase orders
                            - One for us that is sorted by vendor number, but also has our product code. Sorting by vendor is important to us because it is easier to find items during receiving. We need to cross reference to product code because that is our storage location.
                            - One for the vendor that is the same, but doesn't have our product code. For some vendors I print to fax and for some vendors I email them.
                            11. Receiving PO’s
                            - Frequently I have backordered items or the quantity received is different than ordered. I need a way to deal with this.

I think this covers most of what I need, but if I think of other things I will post as well. Purchase ordered for inventory management would be an awesome addition to Miva.
                            Thank you,
                            John

Comment

We use SE but have multiple sites we import orders from. How would this work for within Miva for inventory control? Would multiple sites be able to be setup using a single inventory pool?

Would also be nice to be able to have something built in for Amazon FBA inventory tracking, replenishment, reconciliation.

Comment

Working...
                              X