Synchro does not work on Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synchro does not work on Windows 10

Back in early April, I opened up a ticket [MIVA #ZAN-679-24090] to report Synchro was getting errors after upgrading my pc to Windows 10.

On 6/3/2016, Support notified me that:

A bug has been filed with development regarding Synchro prompting to re-register the key after upgrading to windows 10. This actually happened to me on my machine when I was upgraded to win 10 this past Monday. There are some other tests that need be ran as well, because I'm running into other errors where it won't even synch at all. I have your ticket on a list to be notified once we get a resolution to this.
    This has been dragging on for over 5 months, but Synchro would ultimately synch my orders despite throwing errors along the way and periodically making me re-register the key upon use. So I've been patient up to this point. However last week, Windows 10 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.187) was automatically installed and Synchro is totally dead in the water now - I can't get any orders synchronized at all. Need this fixed ASAP. I just updated the ticket and sent new log files. Somebody....please help!
    Bronson Design Studio, LLC
    Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

papi34,

Development is aware of this situation and I don't have an ETA on the update for Synchro. Are you still getting an unknown error when trying to synchronize, is the executable not working at all or is it prompting you to re-register? Do you have any non Windows 10 PCs that Synchro can be installed on?

Wayne
    Last edited by wsmith; 09-20-16, 08:05 PM.
    Wayne Smith

Comment

Originally posted by wsmith View Post
      papi34,

Development is aware of this situation and I don't have an ETA on the update for Synchro. Are you still getting an unknown error when trying to synchronize, is the executable not working at all or is it prompting you to re-register? Do you have any non Windows 10 PCs that Synchro can be installed on?

Wayne
      After the latest Windows 10 update (Version 1607, OS Build 14393.187), Synchro had to run the Add Store wizard to re-communicate with my storefront. The Synchro executable is working, but I'm getting the unknown error when trying to Synch. I emailed Support the log files via the open ticket this morning. It has not prompted me to re-register yet, but I can not Synch orders anymore.

Windows 10 was released July 29, 2015. That's a lot of time to pass to not have synchro "officially" tested to work in windows 10. I do not have any non Windows 10 PCs that Synchro can be installed on. I'm very disappointed Miva was not prepared for Windows 10.

Here are some screen shots of the failed Synch
      broken1.jpg

and then...
      broken2.jpg
      Last edited by wsmith; 09-20-16, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Hello,

The Miva Merchant Error: Unknown Error was addressed on "papi34" support ticket. Synchro was trying to download orders from the year 2011. Changing the last order # field in synchro to an order number more recent fixed his issue.

Regards,
        Last edited by rbuelna; 09-20-16, 03:11 PM.
        Rafael Buelna
        Miva Support Engineer
        800.608.MIVA (24/7 Support)
        http://www.miva.com
        http://www.miva.com/support

Comment

Yes Rafael, changing the last order # field in synchro to an order # that was more recent fixed it. I can now Synch orders once again.

Unfortunately, I lost all my settings (such as last order #) when I had to run the Add Store wizard to re-communicate with my storefront after the windows 10 upgrade. Now I have to go back and manually try to reconfigure the rest of the settings from memory.

Thanks again for your help! Next up, please address the re-registering synchro license issue.

Comment

Working...
          X