- Author By Miva |
- Posted on
This month, Miva’s Professional Services team kicked off 2018 with the launch of three powerhouse ecommerce websites – THRIVE Farmers, Xtreme Diesel Performance, and Linen Tablecloth. Continue reading to learn more about each company and the features included in their newly redesigned Miva stores.
THRIVE Farmers | Website Redesign
The Journey to Sustainable Farming
THRIVE Farmers leverages their network of sustainable farmers to connect large retailers with coffee and tea growers around the world. Founder Michael Jones, decided to exit the fortune 500 healthcare company he built from the ground up, to cultivate a new career geared towards his passion for sustainable farming.
Historically, coffee farmers have been poverty stricken due to the inability to accurately predict earnings because the crops’ value is dependent on an extremely volatile commodity market. Thus, most farmers have had to work multiple jobs in order to make ends meet. THRIVE Farmers was determined to find a solution to allow farmers to focus on their crops.
Based in Costa Rica, THRIVE Farmers was founded in an effort to help bridge the gap between farmer’s revenue and the consumer’s cost. THRIVE Famers recognized these shortcomings and has pioneered an industry-shifting platform to create sustainable farming in Central America. According to the THRIVE Farmers website, their new “revenue-sharing platform is leading an innovative change in the industry by aligning the farmer with the consumer and allowing farmers to participate as stakeholders in their crop.”
THRIVE Farmers has since contributed to providing a better economy and improved overall wellness for the local community. “THRIVE Farmers coffee producers earn up to ten times more income than they would typically earn in the traditional marketplace, even including popular certifications.”
THRIVE Farmers Migrates to Miva
Prior to migrating to Miva, THRIVE Farmers struggled to create a successful online presence with Magento and Shopify Plus. They turned to Miva for a carefully crafted, responsive ecommerce store to package and sell coffee, tea, and other merchandise direct to consumers. Miva’s Professional Services team leveraged the robust features of the Luxe ReadyTheme to deliver an innovative design, educate consumers and showcase their high-quality products.
The brand new Miva store provides a world-class shopping experience by enabling customers to select their grind type, package size, and enroll in product subscriptions. Customers can also learn about the type of roast, how the beans taste, certifications, and growing origin from the product pages.
Furthermore, THRIVE Farmers utilizes their website to teach coffee lovers how to brew the perfect cup by sharing key tips and tricks along with using the best products.
Visit the THRIVE Farmers website.
Xtreme Diesel Performance | Website Redesign
Xtreme Diesel Performance (XDP) is a leading distributor for Dodge Cummins, Ford Powerstroke, and Chevy/GMC Duramax parts. Based in New Jersey, with a new warehouse in Las Vegas, the XDP team has been raising the bar for high-quality service and diesel parts for more than two decades. In addition to offering an extensive inventory, XDP prides itself on being the one-stop-shop for diesel power.
Performance savvy mechanics and diesel truck enthusiasts can purchase parts from top manufacturers to boost truck performance. XDP’s ecommerce store offers a complete product catalog from interior elements to wheels and tires, as well as drivetrain and chassis.
After more than a decade with Network Solutions, XDP migrated to Miva, an ecommerce platform built for an enterprise business of their size. They needed an ecommerce site built with industry-leading functionality and a cutting-edge design to maintain their competitive advantage.
The Miva Professional Services Team worked directly with the XDP team to incorporate industry-leading features and custom functionality into the new website design. The vision behind the functionality and design was driven by providing an unmatched customer experience.
- Product Visualizer | The ultimate diagram designed to help customers graphically search for a starting point for their vehicle build. The five major categories guide users through their build to keep them moving in the right direction.
- Product Filtering | Customers can spend a lot of time paging through a large product catalog. To help simplify the process, XDP incorporated advanced product filtering to hide irrelevant products.
- Year, Make, Engine Look Up | Shoppers can browse more efficiently by utilizing the year, make, and engine part look up. Now, customers can quickly filter and narrow down the specific truck parts needed, and reduce the risk of purchasing the wrong parts.
- My Garage | Customers can create a personalized shopping experience with ‘My Garage’ that stores vehicle information for return website visits. This custom-designed customer profile enables users to save multiple trucks to an individual account, and can toggle between vehicles with a simple click.
Find out more about the best practices for an automotive ecommerce store.
Linen Tablecloth | Website Redesign
LinenTablecloth.com (LTC) manufactures, sells and rents textiles and décor, direct to consumer, for weddings and special events. Originally founded as a linen tablecloth and chair cover retailer, LinenTablecloth.com has expanded their online product catalog to also include a wide range of event accessories like charger plates, table runners, flowers, and chair sashes.
LinenTablecloth.com sells online in addition to having two brick and mortar show rooms. LTC’s two showrooms in Oregon and Tennessee allow the textile company to reach an expansive geographic region.
LinenTablecloth.com utilized two stores – one for rental and one for selling prior to migrating to Miva from Magento 2. Needless to say, this was a less than ideal back end setup for an enterprise ecommerce business trying to operate efficiently. With Miva, LTC has been able to streamline operations by managing sales and rentals within one Miva store. Additionally, LTC has also leveraged the powerful capabilities of Miva to integrate with their warehouse management software.
The new Miva store has provided LTC with the tools needed to take their online customer experience to the next level by adding essential shopping features, unique to their business. Sample textile packs are available for shoppers to purchase who want to try before they buy (or rent). Customers can also shop by color and have the ability to see the current inventory available, before they add products to the basket, to ensure they have what is needed to host the perfect event. Additionally, customers can indicate whether they want to purchase or rent products by simply toggling a button on applicable product pages within their ecommerce website.
Read more about LinenTablecloth.com’s custom features below.
- Sizing Tool | Customers can search by table shape, then by table size, and tablecloth size to help them choose the right products for an upcoming event. View sizing tool
- Venue Finder | LinenTablecloth.com has its very own venue database that customers and event planners can use to find coastal inland venues throughout the United States. View venue finder
- Event Layout Tool | Determine the table and chair layout of a specified event space with the LinenTablecloth.com layout tool. Users can easily drag and drop tables into a desired location and select the number of chairs associated with each table. The totals are calculated in real-time as tables and chairs are added. Best of all, the layout can then be shared or exported as a guide during the event planning process. View event layout
Want to take your ecommerce website to the next level? Contact Miva’s Professional Services team today to find out how we can create the best solution to help you grow your online business.
About The Author
Katy Ellquist, Miva’s Digital Marketing Strategist, is an accomplished writer, marketer, and social media analyst who has created sophisticated content campaigns for a broad range of professional clients. She brings to Miva a complex understanding of ecommerce trends and techniques, building upon extensive digital agency experience and a prior role as direct liaison to Miva’s top accounts. Katy is a regular contributor to the Miva blog, covering essential ecommerce topics like design & development strategy, site optimization, and omnichannel selling, with the goal of increasing the actionable knowledgebase of the entire Miva community.