- Author By Miva |
- Posted on
Over the last year, our team has been working diligently to engineer a brand new framework for our ReadyTheme website templates. Last quarter, we introduced you to Elements, the revolutionary new raw foundation for which all of our new ReadyThemes will be based upon.
Now available for download, Shadows is the newest addition to our extensive ReadyTheme library and is undeniably, our most polished ReadyTheme yet. Each component of the Shadows ReadyTheme has been artfully crafted for desktop and mobile shoppers to provide the best user experience possible from the sleek storefront design, to the robust product pages, and all the way through to the checkout process.
The Shadows ReadyTheme elegantly showcases the sophisticated capabilities of our native faceted search functionality along with a collection of other new features designed to help ecommerce storeowners build the best online shopping experience possible. Learn more about the new, native ReadyTheme functionality below.
New Out of the Box Functionality in the Shadows ReadyTheme
- Users can view relevant products as they enter a search query, thanks to the search preview feature that seamlessly works in the global header and the new sticky header.
- Quickly see the items in your shopping cart by clicking on the cart button that will trigger the mini basket to slide out from the right side of the browser.
- Customers can easily increase or decrease the desired item quantity on product pages or within the shopping cart with the new mobile friendly plus and minus buttons.
- Search facets and filters will be displayed on both the search and category pages to ensure customers can quickly browse for products.
- Consolidate extensive product content, such as descriptions and specifications, in a stylized way with the new tabs on the product pages.
- Maximize web page space when browsing via a mobile device with the new breadcrumb configuration that automatically shortens (or collapses) when using a mobile device.
- Forgot your customer account password? The new ‘Forgot Password’ workflow helps you and your customers retrieve their account password faster, so they can get back to shopping and checking out.
- Create a stunning mobile shopping experience with the redesigned drop down menu that is initially hidden off the screen and can easily slide in by clicking on the hamburger menu icon.
- Beautifully showcase a large number of related products to customers via the product pages with the smooth flowing product carousel located at the bottom of product pages.
Take a peek inside the Shadows ReadyTheme via the live demo to catch a glimpse of all of this brand new functionality in action.
About The Author
Katy Ellquist, Miva’s Digital Marketing Strategist, is an accomplished writer, marketer, and social media analyst who has created sophisticated content campaigns for a broad range of professional clients. She brings to Miva a complex understanding of ecommerce trends and techniques, building upon extensive digital agency experience and a prior role as direct liaison to Miva’s top accounts. Katy is a regular contributor to the Miva blog, covering essential ecommerce topics like design & development strategy, site optimization, and omnichannel selling, with the goal of increasing the actionable knowledgebase of the entire Miva community.