X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    Hi Leslie,

You could try setting the script tags to "async" and/or "defer", depending on browser support, or move the scripts to the bottom of the page unless, of course, they are referred to before the end of the page.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    I'm going to be circling back to a number of my Google PageSpeed Insights issue posts. I have a site that when I try implementing either a Google suggestion or another type suggestion something on the site breaks.

The big issue now seems to be "Above the fold" and many of the resources are offsite. How do you fix something like that?

Leave a comment:

• ids
    replied
    "If not, I can give you some code to load it is asynchronously"

Brennan, wondering if you have this code?

Thanks,

Scott

Leave a comment:

• ids
    replied
    Brennan, I could use this code also. I have a client that is using this tool and is fixated on this not realizing that google could change the criteria on this any time they wish.

Thanks,

Scott

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Originally posted by Brennan View Post
    Try moving that file to the footer and see if that makes any difference. If not, I can give you some code to load it is asynchronously

For the CSS, what error is it giving you. You could manually combine them into a single fine or use the same css.php tool we use on the other themes.
    Since Google now seems to be preferring asynchronousity, could you send that please?

Leave a comment:

• Brennan
    replied
    Try moving that file to the footer and see if that makes any difference. If not, I can give you some code to load it is asynchronously

For the CSS, what error is it giving you. You could manually combine them into a single fine or use the same css.php tool we use on the other themes.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    started a topic Fixing Google PageSpeed Insights issues

Fixing Google PageSpeed Insights issues

The Google PageSpeed Insights doesn't seem to like the Module_Code=mvga&Filename=mvga.js and would prefer that it be deferred or asynchronously load blocking resources - since this is for Google Analytics I find it ironic but would like to know what can be done for it?

Then there are the CSS files. The other ReadyThemes combine them into a css.php file. Can I edit and use that file in a Base ReadyTheme? Or has it already been added to the latest version of the Base ReadyTheme?
Working...
X