• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emma
    replied
    Re: MivaScript and Miva Merchant Documentation Time Capsule

Hello Burch :)

What a nice surprise ! Very good stuff you share here. Also a big thanks to the Miva Merchant team for making the Limited Source Kit free. This will surely increase the number of developments for Miva Merchant.

PS: I love how the Old VM4_API.pdf ends :D

Best regards
    Last edited by Emma; 03-09-09, 10:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• burch
    replied
    Old VM4_API.pdf

This appears to be fairly comprehensive documentation of the 4.x Virtual Machine's internal API. It covers most of the functions provided by the VM for Configuration, Commerce, Database, and Builtin function library developers.

There are some incomplete sections where it appears Linda was planning on obtaining additional information from development.

Most of this information should apply to the 5.x VM.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by burch; 03-09-09, 10:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• burch
    replied
    MM5DB-041029-beta-poster.pdf

This document is a poster-sized PDF diagram of the Miva Merchant v5 database.

It seems a little dated and incomplete. Notably, none of the Template system database tables are included, and it still references MMUI and Portal UI.

I'm attaching the Visio source file, as well as two .PDF versions. MM5DB-041029-beta-letters.pdf is formatted to print on a bunch of letter-sized pages, and MM5DB-041029-beta-poster.pdf is a single poster-sized page.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MivaScript and Miva Merchant Documentation Time Capsule

Hello All,

As part of an effort to improve our developer communications, I've been digging through our old archived data in search of some of the documentation that's been lost to the annals of time.

I'm posting what I've found here to act as a temporary archive. Eventually, our plans are to use this forum to accumulate knowledge that will later be cleansed and stuffed into a wiki.

It's worth noting that a lot of this documentation (especially the 5.0 developer prerelease stuff) is likely out of date and/or completely irrelevant to the current state of Miva Merchant 5.5. I'm including it because I think it's interesting from a historical perspective, and I'll try to note the documents that are completely wrong.
Working...
X