1.5 rounds to 2
    2.5 rounds to 2
    3.5 rounds to 4
    4.5 rounds to 4
    5.5 rounds to 6
    6.5 rounds to 6
    7.5 rounds to 8
    8.5 rounds to 8

Even numbers round down and odd numbers round up. This has nothing to do with banker rounding. Anybody have any thoughts on it?

Rick - can we get this fixed soon? I realize updating empresa is a major undertaking, but you have to be able to trust a program's math.

Leave a comment:

• wcw
    replied
    Re: Rounding bug in 5.06

The server I am on is not running Windows. I didn't test on Mia, but was told by the person who originally told me of the bug that their Mia 5.03 was reporting it correctly. It was just their 5.06 on the server that was messed up.
    Last edited by wcw; 08-14-07, 01:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mvmarkus
    replied
    Re: Rounding bug in 5.06

Hi Bill,

On Windows/Empresa 5.06 this seems to be working correctly, yielding 1,1,2 .

Markus

Leave a comment:

• wcw
    replied
    Rounding bug in 5.06

<MvEVAL EXPR = "{'<br>Debug1: ' $ rnd((.5 * 1),0)}">
    <MvEVAL EXPR = "{'<br>Debug2: ' $ rnd((.51 * 1),0)}">
    <MvEVAL EXPR = "{'<br>Debug3: ' $ rnd((1.5 * 1),0)}">

yields

Debug1: 0
    Debug2: 1
    Debug3: 2

The .5 when rounded 0 decimals will round down. But 1.5 rounded with 0 decimals will round up. Can we get this math error fixed?

Leave a comment:

• aGorilla
    replied
    Re: MIVA Empresa Bugs?

Two bugs on Mia, not confirmed on Empressa.

file_create(l.file, 'data', somedb.d.field) Kills Mia
    Assigning the db field to a local variable, and then using the local variable in the file_create solves the problem.

using bf_encrypt on an empty string kills Mia.

Leave a comment:

• Emma
    replied

hm.. I guess there is a major BUG in the new version of the compiler. Almost everything you want to pass in the Filter with the type Variable, you have a compiler exception:

<mvfilter name="{l.alias}" filter_type="variable" filter="{ toupper(g.recherche) CIN l.aliaz }">

C:\DOCUME~1\Claudiu\LOCALS~1\Temp\\mva00000001:295 6: AE_311: Duplicate string identifier "s_0"
    it is working like this:

<mvassign name="l.rech" value="{toupper(g.recherche)}">
    <mvfilter name="{l.alias}" filter_type="variable" filter="{ l.rech CIN l.aliaz }">

Leave a comment:

• Vic - WolfPaw Computers
    replied

This is not likely a bug, but rather a user permissions issue with your database permissions. Check from the shell if you can, that you can login to the MySQL database. If you can, then perhaps this is a bug.

I've never encountered it with any of the installs of v5.02, v5.03, or v5.06 with PR1, PR2 or PR3.

Originally posted by takeover
    currently having this problem, tried empresa 5.06, 5.04, miva 5 pl2, pl3

can't get it installed

Leave a comment:

• Emma
    replied

With this code:

<mvfilter name="{l.alias}" filter_type="variable" filter="{ g.datec CIN miva_variable_value(l.alias$'.d.datec') }">

you have this error when you compile it:

C:\DOCUME~1\Claudiu\LOCALS~1\Temp\\mva00000001:292 7: AE_311: Duplicate string identifier "s_0"
    Same problem like aGorilla, you have to assign the dynamic variable to a normal variable to make it works:

<mvassign name="l.aliaz" value="{miva_variable_value(l.alias$'.d.datec')}">

<mvfilter name="{l.alias}" filter_type="variable" filter="{ g.datec CIN l.aliaz }">

PS: Is it me or the server is very slow?

Leave a comment:

• takeover
    replied

Originally posted by sebenza
    5.04 Gives you:

Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost' to database 'dbname''

When clicking the finish button on setup.mvc
    currently having this problem, tried empresa 5.06, 5.04, miva 5 pl2, pl3

can't get it installed

Leave a comment:

• mvmarkus
    replied
    Deserializing large structures crashes Empresa or returns bogus results

Actually, this isn't entirely new, but obviously hasn't been fixed:

Using the code below, when deserializing large structures with more than 12406 members, Empresa crashes. This only seems to happen on Windows Servers, on FreeBSD the same code performs flawlessly.

Example:
    (simply raise g.max when calling the script)

// CREATE STRUCTURE

<MvASSIGN NAME = "l.a" VALUE = "1" >
    <MvWHILE EXPR = "{ l.a LE g.max }">
    <MvASSIGN NAME = "l.object" VALUE = "{ l.a }" >
    <MvASSIGN NAME = "l.struc" MEMBER="{l.object}" VALUE = "{ l.object }" >
    <MvASSIGN NAME = "l.a" VALUE = "{ l.a+1 }" >
    </MvWHILE>

<BR> STRUC:
    <BR><MvEVAL EXPR = "{ l.struc }" >
    <BR>
    <MvASSIGN NAME = "l.serialized" VALUE = "{ miva_array_serialize( l.struc) }" >
    <BR>SERIALIZED: <MvEVAL EXPR = "{ l.serialized }" >
    <BR>
    <MvASSIGN NAME = "l.deserialized" VALUE = "{ miva_array_deserialize( l.serialized) }" >
    <BR>DESERIALIZED <MvEVAL EXPR = "{ l.deserialized }" >
    <BR>

Another variation is that structures with longer member names and values, the deserialized result may even be truncated or completely bogus, even when the member count is lower than in the example above.

Markus

Leave a comment:

• Emma
    replied
    .. ok found it.. When you have omitted an </mvif> in some function on the top of your file and you have an extra </mvif> in another function in the bottom of the file, the compiler will give you the error above (so.. search or <mvif> loops if you have that error :) )

Best regards

Leave a comment:

• Emma
    replied
    Compiler error:

C:\DOCUME~1\Claudiu\LOCALS~1\Temp\\mva00000001:325 3: AE_333: Label L_start_17 not defined

I'll try to understand why I have that error when I compile my file and I'll post the result. For the moment I'm still searching :s

Leave a comment:

• benwalsh
    replied
    Several interesting issues working with local and global variables:

The function miva_getvarlist(scope) ignores the scope. For example, miva_getvarlist('g') returns ALL local, global and system variables.

Also if I assign a local variable it can be referenced using a global variable. And therefore, you can't assign a local and global variable with the same name. For instance:
    Code:
    <MvASSIGN NAME = "l.test" VALUE = 1>
    <MvASSIGN NAME = "g.test" VALUE = 2>
    <MvEVAL EXPR = "{ g.test }">
    <MvEVAL EXPR = "{ l.test }">
    This returns 22. Both g.test and l.test have the value of 2 since the g.test overwrote l.test.

No big deal to work around this, but it can really throw you for a loop when debugging.

Leave a comment:

• Kent Multer
    replied
    VM bug: EIN &amp; ECIN don't work

Actually, I seem to recall reading about this before. It's been a known bug for some time, but I don't know if anyone's pointed out that it's still happening in 5.04. The EIN and ECIN operators still don't work; they apparently return the same values as IN and CIN.

Leave a comment:

• aGorilla
    replied
    External Javascript Files.

Trying to include a javascript file:
    <script src="somescript.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

I've had two cases where I've wasted time tracking down Javascript errors locally, but they magically disappeared when uploaded to a server.

In one of those cases, the problem with Miva Mia was solved by putting the contents of the javascript file into the mivascript file.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X