• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Originally posted by Brennan View Post
    Re: ReadyTheme Product Listings

The ability to display random products or newest or bestsellers will be coming in a future update.
    Okie dokie - so to use the ReadyTheme Product Listings to randomize the newest products in the selected category is not available at this time.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Hood
    replied

Make sure the sort method for that Product Listing is set to "Default"
    ah you guessed correct.. Thank You!

Leave a comment:

• Brennan
    replied

Make sure the sort method for that Product Listing is set to "Default"

Leave a comment:

• Mark Hood
    replied

If you have it pull from a specific category, the order is determined by the sort order of that category.
    I'm not finding this to be true

Leave a comment:

• ids
    replied

Sorting really isn't an issue, so don't know about the function atm. Goal is creating the product array. Using a category is OK, but it's kinda not intuitive. And it doesn't help the dropdown selection to pull from isn't front and center, IOW, obvious.

I am thinking this type of function should have a native product listing table as the prime source to create and pull from. I think using the category products is a decent work around.

Scott

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied

what about doing a miva_array_sort...or does that not work in SMT code?

Leave a comment:

• ids
    replied

Latest 5.23 and Base Readytheme framework:

Is this product listing function still a non starter? IOW, grabs the first 8 products in the product table and no way to actually select the products to be included in the array?

Thanks,

Scott

Leave a comment:

• Brennan
    replied

The ability to display random products or newest or bestsellers will be coming in a future update.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied

Yeah, that part I've already figured out. My question - which you did answer is about being able to randomize the products from either all products or the selected category like the Toolkit can. So for now, that answer appears to be no. Sigh...I just recreated a bunch of ReadyTheme product listings that I won't be using for a while

Leave a comment:

• Brennan
    replied

It has two settings, pull from all products or pull from a specific category. If you edit the product listing, under the code block, you will see the setting to control this.

If you have it pull from a specific category, the order is determined by the sort order of that category.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    started a topic ReadyTheme Product Listings

ReadyTheme Product Listings

I'm using the ReadyTheme Product Listings to replace a snippet of Toolkit code I use to call in products from a category. Here's how the little ditty started off:

Code:
    <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="sassign|cat_code|mycatcode" />  <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="randomcat|pcount|g.cat_code|4" />
      <mvt:if expr="pcount GT 0">
    So my question is this, does this new feature randomize the product display since it does have the ability to limit the number of products from a category being display?
Working...
X