X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• habreu
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
    If your server is setup correctly (or alternately, you have htaccess directives) CSS in files are cached, so it would be even faster to add those inline styles to .css file. Minify and compile them if possible.
    Thanks Bruce. Most of them are .css files. I could see the change in page load - pretty substantial- but those div tags inserted by the content element in the head tags looks like trouble. I'll do as you suggest and minify whatever is un-minified and move out any inline code.

Leave a comment:

• habreu
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Zimmermann View Post
    Chances are that your CSS is now being called outside the HEAD tag since the content element puts the content in a DIV. This can cause issues in some older browsers.
    Ah. Okay. I see the div tags in the head tags when I look at the page source.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied
    If your server is setup correctly (or alternately, you have htaccess directives) CSS in files are cached, so it would be even faster to add those inline styles to .css file. Minify and compile them if possible.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    Chances are that your CSS is now being called outside the HEAD tag since the content element puts the content in a DIV. This can cause issues in some older browsers.

Leave a comment:

• habreu
    started a topic ReadyTheme Content Sections

ReadyTheme Content Sections

I moved the css link elements and some css style definitions that were in the Head Tag section into a ReadyTheme content section and then put that item tag in the Head Tag section - just making some of this a little more legible. I was surprised at how much faster my pages load now and wondered at that - are the ReadyTheme content sections cached or is there some other reason why moving that code in there seems to have noticeably sped up all my pages?
Working...
X