Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone implemented any dynamic SFNT merchandising strategies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone implemented any dynamic SFNT merchandising strategies?

Has anyone implemented any dynamic storefront (SFNT) merchandising strategies such as but not limited to:
    • Recently viewed categories and products (listing) summary with “view all” page option (e.g.: /recently-viewed-items.html).
    • Categories and products on sale (listing) summary with “view all” page option (e.g.: /items-on-sale.html).
    • New categories and products added within x days (listing) summary with “view all” page option (e.g.: /new-just-in.html).
    How complicated would it be to implement? What would it entail?
    Thank you, Bill Davis

I guess not.
    Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

I think most people use SearchSpring or similar for this type of thing. I don't know how you'd do it without a service.
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

You could do that fairly easily with some custom coding though. On a busy site, the recently viewed would be accumulating a lot of data though...and personally (ok, not a marketing expert here) I don't see the value. I want to see what I'm looking for. I don't care what others looked for. (I believe this is a hold over from when people actually 'window shopped' online. Nowadays, the trick is to show people something THEY are interested in the minute they land on your site.)

As for onsale/deals, a fairly simple one can be made by just using a PLST type page, and run the display through conditional that compares the selling price and the 'normal' price. Again, on a large site, this can eat up a lot of time, but for reasonable catalogs it's doable.

Here's an example where we are working with about 500 items: https://www.redrivercatalog.com/deals/

You can do something similar by taking the PLST array and resorting it by 'date created' (dt_created) using

<mvt:do file="g.module_library_utilities" name="l.null" value="QuickSortArray(l.settings:category_listing: products, ':dt_created', -1)" />

But as Rick said, unless, for 'out of box' need, probably need to use something like SearchSpring.

Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
          You could do that fairly easily with some custom coding though. On a busy site, the recently viewed would be accumulating a lot of data though...and personally (ok, not a marketing expert here) I don't see the value. I want to see what I'm looking for. I don't care what others looked for. (I believe this is a hold over from when people actually 'window shopped' online. Nowadays, the trick is to show people something THEY are interested in the minute they land on your site.)

As for onsale/deals, a fairly simple one can be made by just using a PLST type page, and run the display through conditional that compares the selling price and the 'normal' price. Again, on a large site, this can eat up a lot of time, but for reasonable catalogs it's doable.

Here's an example where we are working with about 500 items: https://www.redrivercatalog.com/deals/

You can do something similar by taking the PLST array and resorting it by 'date created' (dt_created) using

<mvt:do file="g.module_library_utilities" name="l.null" value="QuickSortArray(l.settings:category_listing: products, ':dt_created', -1)" />

But as Rick said, unless, for 'out of box' need, probably need to use something like SearchSpring.
          Bruce I meant "your recently viewed items" not everyone else's, and a summary carousel of 4 items like amazon with a "view all your recently viewed items" link page. I thought all that stuff was stored on visitors browsers, though it would be a good idea to give them an option to save it to their cart.

Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Ah...

Yes, that'd be relatively easy. You could just store a list of product codes in a cookie and then use those codes to pull up all the information you need for the slideshow.
            Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
              Ah...

Yes, that'd be relatively easy. You could just store a list of product codes in a cookie and then use those codes to pull up all the information you need for the slideshow.
              Finally, someone that understand me. lol

What about the summary of four of those items (perhaps the last four) on the SFNT like Amazon does with a link to that page to view all (like Amazon home page), is that relatively easy too?
              Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Sure. You just use the same array, and exit after the Fourth Item you pull out.
                Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                X