No announcement yet.

Import Navigation Items for navigation_all-categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, its not something you have "laying around" because its exact implementtion is specific to the ReadyTheme / Custom CSS used on the site. Most any developer should be able to do this for in a relatively quick time frame. I unfortunetly, don't really have time to do this personally.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

I think I could make a module for this, one button populate a nav set based on your category structure. I would need one or more interested parties to pay for the dev time involved which I would cap at 4hrs if it went over. Anyone pitching in would get a license for the module when it was done. I'm super busy this coming week but I could definitely have it ready the week after.
      M.A.D.* since 1997

http://www.scotsscripts.com

*miva application developers

Comment

Originally posted by Scot - ScotsScripts.com View Post
        I think I could make a module for this, one button populate a nav set based on your category structure. I would need one or more interested parties to pay for the dev time involved which I would cap at 4hrs if it went over. Anyone pitching in would get a license for the module when it was done. I'm super busy this coming week but I could definitely have it ready the week after.
        How would hidden categories and availability groups be affected. Would the module detect that so it would match dynamic display?
        Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Basically the module would make a navigation set based on your current category structure (active categories only) so you wouldn't have to do it manually. As far as displaying, you would create a template for the nav set to display them however you want. It would be good to have a list of things you'd want the nav template to do (or not do) so I could take that into account while developing the module because I'd be making a nav template to go along with it for testing.

Something that hasn't been mentioned here is that the category tree template does what everyone here wants.

The cat tree template takes the current category structure and displays it. I would imagine it handles availability groups and hidden/inactive categories as well. So if someone was industrious, they could create a nav menu in a theme content item that is based on the code in the category tree template and then instead of using a nav set for the navbar, use the content item.
          M.A.D.* since 1997

http://www.scotsscripts.com

*miva application developers

Comment

Working...
          X