Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selecting point + click mode on PROD page glitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selecting point + click mode on PROD page glitch?

On PROD page when on original framework if I click point+click mode something changes that breaks the product display page. No other changes were made to page. So far my whole site has only a few code changes which you have helped me with here. When I go back to original framework and recall it is back to fine. If I go from there to point + click mode it breaks again.

Seems same happens to me on CTGY. When going from advanced to point + click mode

Comment

Okay nevermind. Was thinking too simply. On the base elements theme the point+click mode would likely work. But on shadoworks since it is customized point+click would break it. Know how to make the simple changes in advanced that I was looking for. Were things that point+click mode would have enabled/disabled.

Comment

On any page that has the ability to switch between Advanced and Point & Click mode, if you switch from Advanced to Point & Click and update the page, the code will be converted to that of Point & Click. If you are looking to make a change that is controlled more easily through Point & Click, the recommendation is to copy the code from the Advanced section, switch to Point & Click, Update, switch back to Advanced, Update, copy the new code, alter your previous code, paste in, and update.
        Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
        Alchemy Web Development
        https://www.alchemywebdev.com
        Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

Miva Certified Developer
        Miva Professional Developer

https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

Comment

It was easy enough to add the wish list and add to cart code to the ctgy page three hours ago. However the code is much different from the shadow the button style does not match. Have spent hours just trying to get the buttons to look like the prod page. Frustrated

Comment

Apologize if I am being annoying. Almost done... Here is what I have. It functions correctly. However the buttons do not match.

Is it because the <mvt:item name="buttons" param"AddToWishListE" is different than the shadow which was <mvt:item name="buttons" param="AddToWishList"/>

Below is what I started with before I tried for hours adding css classes to try and fix it. Any guidance in the right direction would be helpful.

<mvt:if expr="l.settings:product:inv_level EQ 'out'">
            <div class="purchase-buttons">
            <form method="post" action="&mvte:urls:WISH:secure;">
            <input type="hidden" name="Old_Screen" value="&mvte:global:Screen;" />
            <input type="hidden" name="Old_Search" value="&mvte:global:Search;" />
            <input type="hidden" name="Action" value="ATWL" />
            <input type="hidden" name="Quantity" value="1" />
            <input type="hidden" name="Attributes" value="Yes" />
            <input type="hidden" name="Product_Code" value="&mvte:product:code;" />
            <input type="hidden" name="Current_Product_Code" value="&mvte:global:Product_Code;" />
            <input type="hidden" name="Category_Code" value="&mvte:global:Category_Code;" />
            <input type="hidden" name="Offset" value="&mvte:global:CatListingOffset;" />
            <input type="hidden" name="AllOffset" value="&mvte:global:AllOffset;" />
            <input type="hidden" name="CatListingOffset" value="&mvte:global:CatListingOffset;" />
            <input type="hidden" name="RelatedOffset" value="&mvte:global:RelatedOffset;" />
            <input type="hidden" name="SearchOffset" value="&mvte:global:SearchOffset;" />
            <mvt:foreach iterator="facet" array="facets:facets">
            <mvt:foreach iterator="facet_value" array="facet:values">
            <mvt:if expr="l.settings:facet_value:selected">
            <input type="hidden" name="&mvte:facet:code;" value="&mvte:facet_value:value;" />
            </mvt:if>
            </mvt:foreach>
            <mvt:item name="buttons" param="AddToWishListE" />
            </form>
            </div>
            <mvt:else>
            <div class="purchase-buttons">
            <form method="post" action="&mvte:urls:BASK:rr;">
            <input type="hidden" name="Action" value="ADPR" />
            <input type="hidden" name="Current_Product_Code" value="&mvte:global:Product_Code;" />
            <input type="hidden" name="Category_Code" value="&mvte:global:Category_Code;" />
            <input type="hidden" name="CatListingOffset" value="&mvte:global:CatListingOffset;" />
            <input type="hidden" name="RelatedOffset" value="&mvte:global:RelatedOffset;" />
            <input type="hidden" name="&mvte:facet:code;" value="&mvte:facet_value:value;" />
            <mvt:item name="buttons" param="AddToBasketE" />
            </form>

<form method="post" action="&mvte:urls:WISH:secure;">
            <input type="hidden" name="Action" value="ATWL" />
            <mvt:item name="buttons" param="AddToWishListE" />
            </form>
            </div>
            </figcaption>
            </figure>
            </a>
            </div>

</section>

Comment

To make the AddToWishListE button look the same as the AddToWishList one go to User Interface -> Settings -> Buttons, click Show Code next to Add To Wish List (Expanded), copy the contents of the Add To Wish List button, paste into Add To Wish List (Expanded), and click Update.
              Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
              Alchemy Web Development
              https://www.alchemywebdev.com
              Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

Miva Certified Developer
              Miva Professional Developer

https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

Comment

Thank you very much. Again.

Comment

Working...