Which type of discounts work the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which type of discounts work the best?

Is there any studies on which discounts work better, i.e. buy one get one free; get 20% off on purchases of $30 or more; get $10 off on $40 purhcase, etc?

In your experience which promotions worked the best to increase your business?

Originally posted by Red Flare
    Is there any studies on which discounts work better, i.e. buy one get one free; get 20% off on purchases of $30 or more; get $10 off on $40 purhcase, etc?

In your experience which promotions worked the best to increase your business?
    can't remember where but exact amount off is suppose to work better than percent off.
    Jason Henderson - JMH Web Services
    Miva Merchant Marketing Mastermind Group

SEO & Marketing for Miva Merchant
    Miva Merchant Modules Comparison Directory
    Miva Merchant Tutorials
    Working with Miva Merchant since 1999 including search engine optimization and marketing specifically for Miva Merchant store owners.

Comment

Kind of depends, but in some situations, showing the amount of savings is more provocative than percentage. Consider 20% off a 40K car...$8,000 sounds better than 20% off. Conversely, if the item is a $1.00, saying 20% is better than saying $0.20 off.

I think you just have to look at the actual numbers and make a gut-check. Consider who your buyer is: would they walk across the street for a quarter?
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

And remember that anything that ends in 99 seems to also draw consumers.

When I was in retail we took X off and the price was at 45.95, or something like that. Never sold, or didn't sell as well as when we were getting ready for a sale and someone put tags on the items that said 45.99.

It's also the word sale that will get people.

I consider myself pretty savvy in regards to shopping, but there are times when I will purchase something because it was on sale, regardless if I really needed it or not. Sadly most of those items are in the back of my closet and never worn.

Comment

Working...
        X