Auto Notify when new product created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Notify when new product created

One of the challenges we have here is that we are a small company and several people have admin rights to add / delete products on teh fly. I notice that often times people will add a product on the fly in the midst of a sale (ie customer on phone is buying product A, and asks for product B which we have access to but hadn't added to the site) and then they don't go back and add descriptions, or images etc. The first time I notice is when there is a shipping issue with someone because the person creating the product forgot to check a particular upcharge, or I randonly find an item with no images, product manuals or any SEO or other information. A simple 'notify me' if product created would allow me to catch it soon enough o avoid that.

You'd have to have a custom module built to use the "Not_products_" function (notify product add/update). It would be a very straight forward module, with just an SMTP call inside those functions...well, straightforward if you can bake in things like To, From, Subject and the like so an interface isn't needed.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
    X